Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

(GDT) Chicago Wolves @ Grand Rapids Griffins - 3/13/13, 4:00PM PST

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#31 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,922 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Tatar scores to make it 1-1

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#32 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

I can see Schroeder upping his offensive game big time now that he's got some NHL games under his belt. I wish Jensen was atleast on the 2nd line though...

he's gonna have to put his time in in practice to get the nod from these coaches. I don't think any prospect would get an easy ride in chicago.

#33 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

End of 2nd. 2-1 Griffins.

Shots: 11-8 Wolves, Total: 23-19 Wolves

2nd period scoring:

GR Tatar 20 (Pare) 19:31
GR Ferraro 17 (Jurco, Paetsch) 19:49

#34 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Andersson gets called for holding. Griffins to the PP.

It really sounds like the skill of the Griffins is completely overwhelming the Wolves. Are the Griffins owned by the Red Wings? If so, the Canucks should really take a page out of their book and just buy an AHL franchise already. Too many grinders on the Wolves and not enough young talent honing their skills. Schroeder and Jensen have next to nothing to work with.

#35 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Haydar is getting a minor penalty and a 10 minute misconduct. The commentators don't seem to have a clue what's going on.

#36 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

It's actually 2 minutes, a 10 minute misconduct AND a game misconduct. Laughably, there's still no sort of explanation by the commentators for it.

Either way, Griffins PP.

#37 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Jensen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#38 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Great try wolves great try congrats Jensen :)

#39 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Damn, misssed the Jensen goal. Was on the phone. Nice to see him score, despite the Wolves losing.

#40 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Couldn't find a stream for this game.

Anyone give me a brief rundown on How Jensen and Price looked?

#41 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

Good to see our 1st rounders score though, at least.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#42 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Jensen scored? How was the shot? I saw his youtube video and he has some sick dangling and can pick corners. He is exactly the type of player that the Canucks need. Hopefully he develops quickly. We could really use a player like him. How many years do you guys think he is away from the Canucks roster? 1? 2?

#43 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Couldn't find a stream for this game.

Anyone give me a brief rundown on How Jensen and Price looked?

Jensen rifled a drop pass from Schroeder in the high slot home top shelf. Was obviously the best player on his line, which was a grinding line and his linemates couldn't play at his level so he wasn't given the best opportunity to succeed. I could see a 2nd line of Archibald - Schroeder - Jensen put together for next game but Arniel is an AV level dumbass so ya never know.

Price was a healthy scratch and will likely be slotted in as a 6 dman when the opportunity presents itself.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#44 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,253 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Jensen will get a goal tonight.

Called it :)

WTG Jensen!!!
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#45 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Jensen rifled a drop pass from Schroeder in the high slot home top shelf. Was obviously the best player on his line, which was a grinding line and his linemates couldn't play at his level so he wasn't given the best opportunity to succeed. I could see a 2nd line of Archibald - Schroeder - Jensen put together for next game but Arniel is an AV level dumbass so ya never know.

Price was a healthy scratch and will likely be slotted in as a 6 dman when the opportunity presents itself.

Lol. Thanks so much! Sounds like Jensen has some kind of shot. Schroeder Jensen sounds like it could be a great line

#46 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,922 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Haydar is getting a minor penalty and a 10 minute misconduct. The commentators don't seem to have a clue what's going on.

It's called 10 minutes to get rid of your best player so we can manage the game. You have to look deep in the rulebook to find that one.

Seriously though, the Wolves sounded like they outplayed them.

Edited by DeNiro, 13 March 2013 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image

#47 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

It's called 10 minutes to get rid of your best player so we can manage the game. You have to look deep in the rulebook to find that one.

Seriously though, the Wolves sounded like they outplayed them.

Tiranis over on HF was watching the game on AHL Live and said that the top line was quite possibly the worst line playing. Haydar was being terrible and had a temper tantrum that put his team on the pk.

Arniel was just flat out outcoached by the Griffins, who scored their two regulation goals on pretty much the same set rush play. Climie saved the first line more than once and Schroeder, Archibald, Davies, Andersson and Jensen were the highlights that kept them in the game.

Edited by Hansen 36, 13 March 2013 - 07:22 PM.

Blue Team

#48 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,922 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

They did outshoot them 2-1 in the third before that penalty was called.

Something tells me Haydar isn't the type of player who would say something to get a 10 minute misconduct. Likely the refs overreacting.

Posted Image

#49 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

#50 Banksy91

Banksy91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Jensen was a -2.

People calling for him to be put on the first or second line right away need to take a breath and think. He needs to work his way into those prime spots. He needs to re-familiarize himself with the coaches systems and earn promotions to the top lines.

The only way any coach in his right mind would handle it. He will get his opportunities..relax.

#51 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Jensen was a -2.

People calling for him to be put on the first or second line right away need to take a breath and think. He needs to work his way into those prime spots. He needs to re-familiarize himself with the coaches systems and earn promotions to the top lines.

The only way any coach in his right mind would handle it. He will get his opportunities..relax.

Jensen would've been even on the night if his goal weren't on the powerplay and Climie didn't let in the really soft goal in OT.

Blue Team

#52 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,922 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Third game back playing North American hockey, and he's only had one practice with the team. Obviously he's gonna need some time.

Vandermeer was also a -2. Something tells me his poor defensive play had more to do with those goals than Jensen's.

Posted Image

#53 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

If you thought AV was bad with young players, wait til you see Arniel. The veterans can literally do no wrong in this guy's eyes.

#54 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Glad to see Schroeder and Jensen rip it up! Keep it going guys, then you'll be up here In the bigs :)
Posted Image

#55 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

If you thought AV was bad with young players, wait til you see Arniel. The veterans can literally do no wrong in this guy's eyes.

yep, ebbett comes back to the wolves -> 1st PP unit 1st line

schroeder gets back to the wolves -> 2nd pp unit... 2nd line

pretty sad when they play andrew gordon ahead of him. Schroeder is almost outscoring him and he hasnt been there for a month and a half.

#56 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

yep, ebbett comes back to the wolves -> 1st PP unit 1st line

schroeder gets back to the wolves -> 2nd pp unit... 2nd line

pretty sad when they play andrew gordon ahead of him. Schroeder is almost outscoring him and he hasnt been there for a month and a half.

Exactly. If he thinks Gordon should be playing more center minutes than Schroeder then he's a f---ing retard.

#57 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Exactly. If he thinks Gordon should be playing more center minutes than Schroeder then he's a f---ing retard.

Yep. Gordon is an established AHL player, but that's still no reason to play him as the top line centre over Schroeder. I mean, come on Arniel, you just got a young talented center handed to you. USE HIM!

That being said, Schroeder still got a goal and an assist in the game. I guess if he's that good he'll contribute offensively from wherever he is in the lineup, which he is and he did.

#58 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Yep. Gordon is an established AHL player, but that's still no reason to play him as the top line centre over Schroeder. I mean, come on Arniel, you just got a young talented center handed to you. USE HIM!

That being said, Schroeder still got a goal and an assist in the game. I guess if he's that good he'll contribute offensively from wherever he is in the lineup, which he is and he did.

Agree but it's hella annoying to hear Canucks fans whine about how he isn't even a PPG player at the AHL level... well guess what, he deserves the opportunity to be playing top line minutes over Ebbett and Haydar but his veteran-loving coach just refuses to use him in that role.

Of course, cue the "Well, if he was good enough to be a 1st liner Arniel would've put him there already" response. :rolleyes:

#59 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

The Chicago team is owned and managed not by the Canucks for the Canucks. Arneil takes instruction from the Chicago GM Wendell Young who is on the Chicago pay roll. They want to win first and fore most and fill the place..make money. Development is not Chicago last priority.

#60 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

The Chicago team is owned and managed not by the Canucks for the Canucks. Arneil takes instruction from the Chicago GM Wendell Young who is on the Chicago pay roll. They want to win first and fore most and fill the place..make money. Development is not Chicago last priority.

The point is, I and many other fans believe that putting a certain few prospects in a better position to succeed would help them win games. This isn't about Canucks prospects just not getting minutes. This is about Arniel mis-managing his players, regardless of if they're Canucks prospects or not. If Cannata was not a Canucks prospect I'd still be saying the exact same thing about Arniel starting Climie 13 straight times: it's not smart.

Anyway, this issue has been beaten to death. At least Canucks prospects were responsible for both Wolves goals today. Feels good.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.