The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Best of 'Don Taylor' (Canucks/Sports Anchorman)

Lui's Knob

Post the best one liners, clips, flubs,the highs/lows of Donny Taylor. Either from his Sports Page days to today's SPAC hosting the Canucks pre-post games...

"Saved by his left Khabby....or was it his right?"

"Goal scored wearing #9, for you trivia fans...donned by the late 'Gary Leeman...' "

I've watched Taylor since his very early Sports Page days. Even used to go to his brothers club...Gary Taylor's Rock Room...for those of you who've been around a while like me.

• Reminiscent of a young (insert name) !!

• Joffrey Lupul, the palindromeian one.

• Goal scored by Andrew Brunette, and as always the assists go to Blonde and Redhead.

• Michael Ryder, his friends call him 'CC'.

• Clarke MacArthur parks one.

• ...and it WAS... a GORGEOUS... MOVE! and YES!...in his best Marv Albert voice.

• The singing of Frank Catalanatto's name to the tune of "Shave and a Haircut".

• Jason Bartlett pears one...or Ryan Braun Lloyds one to right", a reference to Seinfeld character Lloyd Braun.

• When describing a goal by a lesser known player...The dreaded [Obscure Player] - [Obscure Player] combination.

• Describing a putt that goes in as "he scores"

• Imitation of former Maple Leaf Gardens P.A. Announcer Paul Morris when recapping Toronto Maple Leafs hockey games... "goal scored by number 81 Phil Kessel, assisted by Dick Duff and Darryl Sittler".

There so many more I can't think of them now. He's always been my favourite sports personality locally.

When referring to Ryan Callahan of the New York Rangers he sometimes says, "They call him Corey."

That one is my favourite because he's referring to my buddy who is behind the camera :P

Come to think of it, that shows how even more awesomer Taylor is to say an inside shout out like that on air. Love the guy, very happy to grow up listening to him.

OP: I think he finishes it with "or was it his right bulin?" Either way, great thread :towel:

Archived