The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pinizzotto Activated on Thursday

Edler's Mind Tricks

Pinizzotto is a center. He was centering Longpre and Jensen in tonight's Wolves game, and he'll likely come in to play between Sestito and Weise with Lappy staying on the 3rd and one of Raymond or Higgins centering the second.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Higgins Kassian

Raymond Lapierre Hansen

Sestito Pinizzotto Weise

He's 6', 201pounds. He's not going to intimidate at the NHL level. Hopefully he bring some checking tenacity,good ability in the circle and smart hockey play to our 4th line. I'm not expecting him to be a major physical deterrant.

Funny. Last I checked this team needed scoring and players that can actually make plays.

I figured Kassian, Weise, Lapierre, Higgins, Sestito, Hansen, Edler, Garrison, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Alberts, Burrows would have had the size/fighting/hitting aspect covered...

All I know is he looked pretty stellar in camp a couple years ago before injuries took a toll. And he has a cool last name so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the 4th line.

He might be another Volpatti type in the sense he should know his role and just be pumped at the chance to have that role.

a little more on pinizotto http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Pinizzotto

He's been injured for the better of the last two seasons but I think he's exactly what the Canucks are looking for in a bottom six player. Toughness, skates well enough to keep up and has to ability to produce some offence.

He played well the last two years at Hersey but probably had difficulties cracking a capitals line up that was suppose to challenge for the cup

Pinizotto played very well last year in pre season and made the team except he got injured. It might be too much to ask of him to step him to help the team right away but hopefully with a few games under his belt, he will become that bottom six upgrade that gillis has been trying to find the last few years.

Get him into the lineup ASAP and let him play his way back to comfort. Forget about an AHL conditioning stint, we need him to build his game back up in the NHL. He was hands-down our best player at preseason a couple of seasons ago with some amazing passes, great skating and even a good shot, not to mention his hitting and fighting. This guy is probably one of the most complete players the Canucks have and he'll surprise everyone if he plays to the standard he was 2 years ago.

Start him off on the 4th line and eventually swap him with Lapierre for the 3rd line role. He can kill penalties and play an effective 10-14 minutes per game.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Ebbett - Higgins

Booth - Lapierre - Kassian

Weise - Pinizotto - Hansen

Then come playoff time:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Pinizotto - Hansen

Kassian - Lapierre - Weise/Sestito

It's nice MG is building a team that will no longer be bullied. The bonus is that these larger guys all seem able to contribute in other ways(eg:Kass, when with the twins).

Good luck to Pini-Z, the guy's gotta be due for some decent karma.

One more big, NASTY D-man would be super(for bottom pairing).

Unbelievable, he managed to complete his two week conditioning stint without getting another season ending injury. But seriously, I've been dying to see him get a shot on the team ever since the Canucks signed him. He really impressed in the preseason and looked to be a lock before he got that awful dislocated shoulder injury. AV liked what he saw, and said he knew he was a tough gritty player who finishes his checks, but had no idea what a great skill set he has too. Even though he is almost 29 and hasnt played in the NHL yet, he's apparently been on a number of NHL team's radars.

Archived