The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pinizzotto Activated on Thursday

Edler's Mind Tricks

This has been a long time coming for a player that I have really been rooting for for the last two years and I do really think that he is a better hockey player than anyone on our fourth line by a significant margin. He agitates, he hits and he fights very well. He is also reasonably fast and decent defensively while putting up points in the AHL. I said two years ago he could be Marchand-lite and even though he has had injury after injury, I stand by that.

He might play Thursday and if that timeline is too tight, it will be shortly after that he makes his NHL debut.

The Pint will be an instant fan favourite.

"@JamiesonCanucks: #Canucks to activate agitator Steve Pinnizzotto on Thursday. It's been a long time coming. http://t.co/GtYGHfH9xg"

I am also looking forward to seeing him play, I don't follow the Wolves closely so I havent seen him play, but I have only heard good things. He has sure had a tough run with injuries, hopefully it works out with him this time, we could definitely use some energy on this team right now.

Pinizzotto is a center. He was centering Longpre and Jensen in tonight's Wolves game, and he'll likely come in to play between Sestito and Weise with Lappy staying on the 3rd and one of Raymond or Higgins centering the second.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Higgins Kassian

Raymond Lapierre Hansen

Sestito Pinizzotto Weise

Lol @ the last video. The woman doing the interview with Steve totally wanted to ask him out the whole time. I saw her last 2 (one?) questions a mile away :). Here's hoping he can crack the lineup and stick around for a bit. Wishful thinking until we see him play, but perhaps we have another Alex Burrows on our hands?

Pinn hasn't shown anything at the NHL level. He has only played a handfull of games in the AHL this year. Injuries seem to be a real problem. He seems to be game on the physical side but not that big. They can give him a look but I don't expect much.

Archived