Lets go Steve!!!!!!

#62 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,402 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Right, because you've never buggered up a sentence in your life? Don't act like a pompous D-bag when you clearly knew what I was saying.

I figured I could act like a pompous D bag when I was responding to a pompous D bag like comment.

In any case...grumble grumble I guess is the way to go on this one?

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 13 March 2013 - 10:21 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'm gonna try and lower the hype on this potential 4th liner....

I think he can play. He'll finally get a chance. And we'll see how it goes. That's all we can do right now.

If he's better than Sestito, it will be a success.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#64 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Good, he will be a great addition, it is a shame he has had the injury troubles, I'm confident he will do a great job, good skater, good fore-checker, good hitting, even has a little bit of skill.

Can't wait to see him play.

zackass.png

#65 TheWheeler

TheWheeler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

I figured I could act like a pompous D bag when I was responding to a pompous D bag like comment.

In any case...grumble grumble I guess is the way to go on this one?

Calling an average AHLer an average AHLer is a pompous D-bag like comment?

I didn't know I had to blindly accept and be satisfied with every move this organization makes.

And for the record, my issue is with a decision the team made. I don't agree with sending Schroeder down for a 4th line enhancement. But when you make a comment like that "ESL?", it tells me a lot about your character. Pompous. Arrogant. And you look down on foreign students or immigrants and feel you are better?
You sound like someone I would really try and not associate with in real life.

Edited by TheWheeler, 13 March 2013 - 10:34 PM.

#66 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Pinizzotto is a center. He was centering Longpre and Jensen in tonight's Wolves game, and he'll likely come in to play between Sestito and Weise with Lappy staying on the 3rd and one of Raymond or Higgins centering the second.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Higgins Kassian
Raymond Lapierre Hansen
Sestito Pinizzotto Weise

I'd never put Lapierre as a centre on a line that you want to produce any points - better to put him with two other non-producers - Booth and Kassian. Jeez, the level of our fourth line sure dropped with the loss of Malhotra - crap!

#67 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

i cant wait to see Sestito and Pinnizzotto skating around lining guys up.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#68 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

i cant wait to see Sestito and Pinnizzotto skating around lining guys up.

He's 6', 201pounds. He's not going to intimidate at the NHL level. Hopefully he bring some checking tenacity,good ability in the circle and smart hockey play to our 4th line. I'm not expecting him to be a major physical deterrant.

#69 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

He's 6', 201pounds. He's not going to intimidate at the NHL level. Hopefully he bring some checking tenacity,good ability in the circle and smart hockey play to our 4th line. I'm not expecting him to be a major physical deterrant.

He is 6'1 actually.

Dustin Brown is 6'0 200, and is the one of the hardest hitters in the league.

#70 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Funny. Last I checked this team needed scoring and players that can actually make plays.

I figured Kassian, Weise, Lapierre, Higgins, Sestito, Hansen, Edler, Garrison, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Alberts, Burrows would have had the size/fighting/hitting aspect covered...

Yeah.....except how much of that have we seen from those listed this year?

#71 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Hmmm.. 2 points/7 games and -3 since his return from injury. Hope he can keep up!

#72 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

im hoping for more of this

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#73 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

All I know is he looked pretty stellar in camp a couple years ago before injuries took a toll. And he has a cool last name so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the 4th line.

He might be another Volpatti type in the sense he should know his role and just be pumped at the chance to have that role.

#74 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

a little more on pinizotto http://en.wikipedia....teve_Pinizzotto

He's been injured for the better of the last two seasons but I think he's exactly what the Canucks are looking for in a bottom six player. Toughness, skates well enough to keep up and has to ability to produce some offence.

He played well the last two years at Hersey but probably had difficulties cracking a capitals line up that was suppose to challenge for the cup

Pinizotto played very well last year in pre season and made the team except he got injured. It might be too much to ask of him to step him to help the team right away but hopefully with a few games under his belt, he will become that bottom six upgrade that gillis has been trying to find the last few years.

#75 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,199 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

Get him into the lineup ASAP and let him play his way back to comfort. Forget about an AHL conditioning stint, we need him to build his game back up in the NHL. He was hands-down our best player at preseason a couple of seasons ago with some amazing passes, great skating and even a good shot, not to mention his hitting and fighting. This guy is probably one of the most complete players the Canucks have and he'll surprise everyone if he plays to the standard he was 2 years ago.

Start him off on the 4th line and eventually swap him with Lapierre for the 3rd line role. He can kill penalties and play an effective 10-14 minutes per game.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Ebbett - Higgins
Booth - Lapierre - Kassian
Weise - Pinizotto - Hansen

Then come playoff time:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Raymond - Pinizotto - Hansen
Kassian - Lapierre - Weise/Sestito
Posted Image

#76 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

Watch Gillis take him aside and ruin him like he did to Kesler, Burrows, and Lapierre.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#77 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

It's nice MG is building a team that will no longer be bullied. The bonus is that these larger guys all seem able to contribute in other ways(eg:Kass, when with the twins).

Good luck to Pini-Z, the guy's gotta be due for some decent karma.

One more big, NASTY D-man would be super(for bottom pairing).

#78 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

Watch Gillis take him aside and ruin him like he did to Kesler, Burrows, and Lapierre.

yeah damn that mike gillis for helping turn RK from a 3rd line agitator into an nhl allstar, and lets crucify him for getting burrows to play like a 1st line winger with heart instead of a 4th line jarkko rutuu damn him!

#79 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

Unbelievable, he managed to complete his two week conditioning stint without getting another season ending injury. But seriously, I've been dying to see him get a shot on the team ever since the Canucks signed him. He really impressed in the preseason and looked to be a lock before he got that awful dislocated shoulder injury. AV liked what he saw, and said he knew he was a tough gritty player who finishes his checks, but had no idea what a great skill set he has too. Even though he is almost 29 and hasnt played in the NHL yet, he's apparently been on a number of NHL team's radars.

#80 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

Jordan Schroeder has had essentially the exact same production as Steve - and at 8 years younger too.

Schroeder's not a 4th liner, he's a scorer. If Pinizzotto puts up the same numbers he is much more valuable as a 4th liner.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#81 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

Get him into the lineup ASAP and let him play his way back to comfort. Forget about an AHL conditioning stint, we need him to build his game back up in the NHL. He was hands-down our best player at preseason a couple of seasons ago with some amazing passes, great skating and even a good shot, not to mention his hitting and fighting. This guy is probably one of the most complete players the Canucks have and he'll surprise everyone if he plays to the standard he was 2 years ago.

Start him off on the 4th line and eventually swap him with Lapierre for the 3rd line role. He can kill penalties and play an effective 10-14 minutes per game.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Ebbett - Higgins
Booth - Lapierre - Kassian
Weise - Pinizotto - Hansen

Then come playoff time:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Raymond - Pinizotto - Hansen
Kassian - Lapierre - Weise/Sestito

i think ur taking it just a little to far with steve, he is going to be good but keep in mind he has not mayed the nhl till this year lets see how he does on the 4th line first cause lapierre is also a beast come playoff time.

#82 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

This so called "average ahl'er" is going to tear it up along side lappy, maybe he can give lappy some hope in playing alongside a solid 4th liner

Tear it up? Really? If by tear it up you mean..throw 1-3 hits in 4 minutes of ice time then sure.

#83 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,402 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

POPULAR

Calling an average AHLer an average AHLer is a pompous D-bag like comment?

I didn't know I had to blindly accept and be satisfied with every move this organization makes.

And for the record, my issue is with a decision the team made. I don't agree with sending Schroeder down for a 4th line enhancement. But when you make a comment like that "ESL?", it tells me a lot about your character. Pompous. Arrogant. And you look down on foreign students or immigrants and feel you are better?
You sound like someone I would really try and not associate with in real life.

So that comment makes you think I look down on people with English as a second language?

That's an interesting leap. It's ok though...you're quite clearly very worked up over all this let alone your reaction to a player being called up so we're both guilty of making assumptions based on little information about each other.

And no you don't have to blindly follow anything and probably shouldn't but you also don't have to jump out of the gate so negatively. Give him a chance and see what he does...chances are it's not much of anything but why be jerk before he even plays a game for us? You can not like the Schroeder move but you can't argue that he didn't produce much of anything at any point being on the nucks roster. (Not just talking about the 4th line either.) So you get angry that a guy who doesn't produce got sent down and choose to be negative about somebody else getting a chance? And you think that attitude doesn't scream D-bag? You wanting to hang out with me or not changes my life very little. I can let you know when I'm taking applications for friends in case you change your mind but really...

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 14 March 2013 - 09:25 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Thank you hockey gods, can't wait to see him up with the boys

#85 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Pinnizzotto; 24 games; 4 goals, 8 assists; 29 mins. penalties; (minus 5). I don't know how anyone can expect much from that.
- I'd rather have seen Andrew Gordon (15 goals in 45 games) but I doubt either will be as "good" as Volpatti.

It's only incompetence by MG that Volpatti isn't here; instead of waiting a couple hours to see what the report on Kesler would be, management put V. on waivers before they knew. (That at least was what I heard.)

#86 menace

menace

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

OP you lost me when you said Marchand lite. You know Marchand is human waste that takes a dump then the dump throws up then the throw up takes a dump!.

#87 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

He is 6'1 actually.

Dustin Brown is 6'0 200, and is the one of the hardest hitters in the league.

Yeah ..but we dont' have Dustin Brown! We've got Steve Pinnizotto.

There are tons of guys 6' 200 in the NHL but few of them hit like Brown.

I'm just trying to temper the usual CDC "the new guy is going to change the team's future" chat.

I hope Steve does well adn I am sure he can hit, I just don't see him being the answer some seem to thin he will be. HE's 28 and never played an NHL game! Who knows.

#88 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

OP you lost me when you said Marchand lite. You know Marchand is human waste that takes a dump then the dump throws up then the throw up takes a dump!.

Someone's a fan of The Daily Show! :lol:
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#89 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hmmm.. 2 points/7 games and -3 since his return from injury. Hope he can keep up!

SOunds like he maybe needs more time to find his game. 7 isn't very many considering how long he's been out and to make the jump to the NHL on top of that. ouch!

This seesm like they are rushing him back. I mean if Schroeder gets sent down to get more ice time and confidence, what chance does Steve have to succeed after only 7 games this year and coming off an injury? I doubt he has his timing or legs under him yet. THis could led to a lost opportunity for him and possibly re-injury. As much as I want to see how he does, I can't help but think this is a bad move and should have been postponed at least another week or 2.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 14 March 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#90 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Guess we'll get to see what he can bring sooner rather than later!

Vancouver Canucks President & General Manager Michael D. Gillis announced today that the Canucks have recalled right wing Steven Pinizzotto from a conditioning assignment with the AHL Chicago Wolves.

Pinizzotto registered 12 points (4-8-12) and 29 penalty minutes in 24 games with the Wolves this season.

The Mississauga, ON, native spent the 2010.11 season with the Washington Capital’s AHL affiliate, the Hershey Bears where he collected 42 points (17-25-42) and 178 penalty minutes in 68 games, finishing that regular season with the team’s best plus/minus at plus-40.

Pinizzotto was originally signed by Vancouver as a free agent July 3, 2011.

Source: http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=660150

Edited by poetica, 14 March 2013 - 10:36 AM.

Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.