145 replies to this topic

#121 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

I have to believe that as word gets around the league the Canucks have a a guy that finishes every check opposing D are going to realize they best move the puck quickly. He looks like a Smyl without the skill. Plus he will get better as he settles in

#122 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,483 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Slightly late on a clean hit .. relax, Bodee .. this ain't footie .. considering his recent lack of time on ice, Pini did not disappoint at all IMO .. 4th line was effective, and that is all that matters .. I really appreciate players who know and accept their role .. now we just need a coach who knows his job a lil better ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#123 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,059 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

POPULAR

No Perry's was never a penalty. Pinizzotto's was a damn disgrace. Get real! Kudos to Klein that he even fought after it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMPNRDNNOGg&feature=youtube_gdata

Hit was fine. shoulder to shoulder - not late - and Klein saw him coming.

Bodee, you have made hundreds of posts here regarding the Canucks being too soft.

Pinizzotto - a guy with a whole lot of grit and a good mix of skill, finally gets an opportunity - throws a good clean hit, and here you rain protests and complaints. If I didn't know you better, the response wouldn't be so reasonable/polite.

#124 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Hit was fine. shoulder to shoulder - not late - and Klein saw him coming.

Bodee, you have made hundreds of posts here regarding the Canucks being too soft.

Pinizzotto - a guy with a whole lot of grit and a good mix of skill, finally gets an opportunity - throws a good clean hit, and here you rain protests and complaints. If I didn't know you better, the response wouldn't be so reasonable/polite.

I agree. I've been highly critical of late regarding the lack of Canucks hitting. It looks after one game the Canucks just might have the right guy in Pinizzotto for the greasy job that desperately needs tending to. And people complain? Come on , it looks like we might just have that guy on the 4rth line, that's cheap too...

#125 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Again, sad state we are in when people get excited about a 28 year old seeing his first nhl action as 'big deal'

I will be more excited when the headline reads one of the following :

Schneider traded

Luongo traded

Edler traded

AV fired

But in that order?

#126 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Good first game, but take the visor off Pinni.

#127 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

POPULAR

Why does Pinizzotto need to take off his visor? He's not a fighter. He's a physical forward that drops the mitts if he has to. He doesn't skate around looking for a fight.

Posted Image

#128 ConMar

ConMar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Malhotra says hi...wait, too soon?

#129 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Pinizzottos first shift was epic. Massive hit and a scrap. Exactly what this team needs.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#130 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Malhotra says hi...wait, too soon?

I am only saying this because Pinni is going to be fighting a decent amount or at least playing a style where he has to drop the gloves.

You don't wear a visor in the NHL if you are planning to fight on a regular basis and with the new rules in place you will get a penalty if you instigate a fight with a visor on.

Edited by Rinaldo36, 15 March 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#131 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Why does Pinizzotto need to take off his visor? He's not a fighter. He's a physical forward that drops the mitts if he has to. He doesn't skate around looking for a fight.

Have you taken a look at his numbers in the AHL? He has fought 3 teams in the AHL so far this year and 7 times last year (plus well over 100 PIM)

With his style of play he is going to have to answer the bell plus he is going to HAVE to fight to keep a spot in the bigs.

Edited by Rinaldo36, 15 March 2013 - 04:34 PM.

#132 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Solid first game, just as I expected. He honestly reminds me of Hansen before people noticed how good he was and what potential he had. The only difference is his offensive vision isn't as good, but he's a better hitter.

Posted Image

#133 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Have you taken a look at his numbers in the AHL? He has fought 3 teams in the AHL so far this year and 7 times last year (plus well over 100 PIM)

With his style of play he is going to have to answer the bell plus he is going to HAVE to fight to keep a spot in the bigs.

That's doesn't make him a "fighter" per se. Keyword: "answer the bell". He's not out there looking for it.

There's no reason for him to not wear a visor. The only reason for ditching it is if you think you're going to get called for instigating with a visor.

Posted Image

#134 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Thought he played well

#135 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

No Perry's was never a penalty. Pinizzotto's was a damn disgrace. Get real! Kudos to Klein that he even fought after it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMPNRDNNOGg&feature=youtube_gdata

It was a great hit. Just as clean as it was legal. I hope he makes a few of these every single damn game.

#136 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

That's doesn't make him a "fighter" per se. Keyword: "answer the bell". He's not out there looking for it.

There's no reason for him to not wear a visor. The only reason for ditching it is if you think you're going to get called for instigating with a visor.

The way he is playing....ie. his first shift....he is going to have to answer to those kinds of hits....so looking for it or not, he will have to fight.

Also, again, he is going to have to show that element of the game to be able to stay up with the big club. Exactly what Weise is doing, he wasn't much of fighter prior to joining us and is now tied for 3rd in the league in fighting majors.

He knows he has to fill that role to be able to earn an NHL pay check. The same applies to Pinni.

Edited by Rinaldo36, 15 March 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#137 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

I agree. If he fights on the regular he needs to lose the visor. Or at least rip it off as soon as he can if it's not a squared fight.

#138 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

I will reserve judgement on this guy .. Most players playing their first games will exceed expectations because of the amount of adrenaline that is coursing through their bodies ..ask any pro .. they will tell you that 5 or 6 games in , you will see who you really have ..

#139 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,031 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Cool it guys... if you can't discuss things like adults, don't post.

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#140 Quantum-Runner

Quantum-Runner

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Hope Pinizzotto can make it through the whole season, without being injured.

#141 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

the Tiger Williams/Smyl type element is what we need...take some pressure off our top 6...ie when their energy and focus is on our 4th line guy instead...Choo Choo!Bam!!

#142 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Slightly late on a clean hit .. relax, Bodee .. this ain't footie .. considering his recent lack of time on ice, Pini did not disappoint at all IMO .. 4th line was effective, and that is all that matters .. I really appreciate players who know and accept their role .. now we just need a coach who knows his job a lil better ..

T I had no problem with Pinners game. All I did, as I always do is to reverse the situation and put a Canuck in Klien's place. If that had been the case I would have been tearing lumps out of the TV.

It was very late, it hurled him head neck and shoulders into the boards and he could have been badly hurt. I repeat kudos to Klien for being able to offer any fight at all after such a vicious hit.

If fans on CDC can't live with that, then I won't lose any sleep about it.

To the guy above who said it was shoulder to shoulder, watch it again and stop it at impact. If you think that was shoulder to shoulder I can suggest a good optician. It was a cross check across Klein's chest and a push off..........all of it if you freeze the frame while the player in the background is knocking the puck up the boards.

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Edited by Bodee, 16 March 2013 - 02:01 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#143 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

why on earth aren't clip-on visors standard now?

#144 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

T I had no problem with Pinners game. All I did, as I always do is to reverse the situation and put a Canuck in Klien's place. If that had been the case I would have been tearing lumps out of the TV.

It was very late, it hurled him head neck and shoulders into the boards and he could have been badly hurt. I repeat kudos to Klien for being able to offer any fight at all after such a vicious hit.

If fans on CDC can't live with that, then I won't lose any sleep about it.

To the guy above who said it was shoulder to shoulder, watch it again and stop it at impact. If you think that was shoulder to shoulder I can suggest a good optician. It was a cross check across Klein's chest and a push off..........all of it if you freeze the frame while the player in the background is making his way up the boards with the puck.

or watch it normal speed and enjoy it.

#145 austy

austy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

I thought he looked a bit slow, might take him a bit of time to get into game shape I guess. Great story though, first NHL game at 29, very cool.

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#146 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

guy might just be a beauty judging by that first shift.
destroys a guy with clean finishing check then punches him in the face 3-4 times before tossing him to the ground.
exactly what this team needs,
Sestito and Pinizzotto should be fun to watch tonight. tootoo gonna be busy.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.