The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Are Flyers and Canucks perfetc trade partners?

Flyers look absolutely horrible right now, especially tonight against NJ. They have some pieces that could fit well in Vancouver. Yes, I'm aware they have Bryz and his ridiculous contract but there are buyout options, and don't tell me Ed Snider doesn't have the cash to do it. He wants to win, plain and simple.

All this being said, what do you think makes sense between the two teams? What are some realistic options?

Would Schneider, Raymond, Booth, plus a 1st fetch us Simmonds and both Schenn's?

Hell no Flyers would never do this.

Simmonds, primed 20+ goal scorer, and gives plenty of grit. They brought both Schenn brothers in for a reason and they wont give up on them that easily. Absolutely horrible trade for the Flyers.

Simmonds will cost as least Kassian and a pick

Both Schenn Brothers, expect at least Tanev, Jensen, Edler, Schneider in the mix

Math doesn't work. You're dealing about 10 mill in Cap, & getting that much back(for next yr's 64.3, it doesn't help). If we're dealing one of our excellent tandem, the return should include Cap-compliance for next year. In other words, we get younger players(cheaper, but with serious upside), whilst dealing a couple onerous contracts.

Agreed though, potential with these 2 clubs doing a deal.

Simmonds, primed 20+ goal scorer, and gives plenty of grit. They brought both Schenn brothers in for a reason and they wont give up on them that easily. Absolutely horrible trade for the Flyers.

Both Schenn Brothers, expect at least Tanev, Jensen, Edler, Schneider in the mix

edler or Schneider could interest them.

If we get any of their forwards I would want B.Schenn. I didnt even notice Couturier tonight, and we need help now, Couturier will be good but doesnt fit our need for offense now.

they have 3 bigger physical wingers: Hartnell, Simmonds and Voracek. It would be nice to get one of Simmonds or Voracek but that looks like a dream, even B. Schenn

Sounds like Philly fans on HFboards are open to moving Coburn and couturier though

I don't really see them as good partners. Edler is the most valuable piece to Philly. But we would need a quality defenseman back....which defeats the purpose of the deal for Philly.

Maybe something around Schneider for Couturier is Philly decided to abandon the Bryzgalov experiment....and AV/Gillis decided to go back with Luongo.

I don't really see them as good partners. Edler is the most valuable piece to Philly. But we would need a quality defenseman back....which defeats the purpose of the deal for Philly.

Maybe something around Schneider for Couturier is Philly decided to abandon the Bryzgalov experiment....and AV/Gillis decided to go back with Luongo.

Archived