The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Are Flyers and Canucks perfetc trade partners?

Philly needs to bury Brygalov before the Canucks can talk. Maybe they can trade him to the Islanders. :lol: It's a good thing teams are protected now from giving out these ridiculous long term deals.

Baseball deals are the worst no cap and fully guaranteed long term big money deals. That's gotta be the best gig in pro sports.

Be an average major leaguer and still make 5 schmil what a joke.

23million is peanuts? You be the GM and go to your boss and said you've made a 23 million mistake but don't worry it'll only have to be paid over 14 years.. Like I said IF and that's IF bryz was the only weak link in the chain maybe he'd consider theres more to phillys problems this year than just there goaltender. But you had a good tho.

A fair trade with Philly would be

Luongo, Booth, and Schroeder for Bryzgalov, Couturier, Fedotenko, and Talbot.

$10.5 mil going each way. Van. gets 2 centermen, lw, and goalie looking for a change.

In the off season, Canucks could buyout Bryz to bring down the cap by $5.5 mil

Vancouver would have 15 players under contract, and about 12 million to sign players

He's soft, and honestly for his size he's pretty slow. Don't get me wrong, i think he'll be good. But not as great as a lot of fans are thinking he'll be. 3rd Line center potential, possibly top 6. Personally i was never a fan of them picking him, that's all. Dougie Hamilton would've been a better move for them.

what would be wrong with

hamhuis bieksa

garrison tanev

as a top 4?

if edler brings us some much need offensive punch you do it. But its all but certain MG wont trade him, I doubt he does after just signing a contract at a good rate, Edler isnt a marco sturm.

If we move a D its gonna be Ballard

Well at some point they called about Luongo, so they had interest. I'd say they are ideal trading partners. Gillis is reportedly looking for a centre, Philly has their greatest depth in that position.

Either way, I think they miss the playoffs and buy out Bryz this summer. Not sure they go after Luongo again, but Bryz is a gonner IMO.

It's Couturier or bust.

I have to disagree. I'm not going to say he's the fastest or most punishing player, but aside from that, I think he's actually under-rated.

A few things to keep in mind imo - there is only one player on the Flyers who faces a stronger quality of competition (Talbot) and only one guy who gets fewer offensive zone starts (Talbot).

Couturier, despite that fact, has a positive relative corsi and when you consider that situationally, he is playing a shutdown role, his 13 goals and 27 points last season were actually very impressive, particularly playing primarily with Rinaldo and Talbot.

When you factor in that he was a teenager, I don't really see much there to indicate "over-rated".

He has slipped slightly this year - as has his entire team - but I wouldn't hesitate to pay the price for his young guy - I think he's showing tremendous two-way potential.

Depends how steep the price is, but i wouldn't give edler, like some people would. Maybe overrated was the wrong choice of word, but i think his success at such a young age raised his value and expectations a bit more than they should be.

4th for Simon Gagne. UFA next year.

Booth-Kesler-Gagne

They might also unload the under-performing Scott Hartnell. But please DO NOT take him crazy contract.

Unless Aq is feeling rich and willing to buy him out if things turn sour.

Vancouver cap space $1,037,828

Philadelphia cap space $46,151

Not very much room to do business. All contracts would need to be even in a trade to avoid going over the cap. And as it's a problem for both teams this summer and will both will have to address this problem and trim their wages then. It seems like a poor idea to improve your team for 20 regular season games + possible playoffs only to go through a complete fire-sale in the summer and start over. If you wan't to move valuable assets to build for the future, then I doubt the right strategy would be to pay max for a short fix and then give up something else you were hoping to keep, just so you can keep the new ones.

He's soft, and honestly for his size he's pretty slow. Don't get me wrong, i think he'll be good. But not as great as a lot of fans are thinking he'll be. 3rd Line center potential, possibly top 6. Personally i was never a fan of them picking him, that's all. Dougie Hamilton would've been a better move for them.

I think Philly is more interested in Edler than a goalie at this point. They might try to beef up their defense before giving up on bryzgalov. No way we give him up unless its a hefty return. But that might not be a bad idea for the Canucks future if you maximize an return on edler and then build a package around a goalie to another team for another young stud defenseman.

I've been proposing a deal like edler Raymond for couturier talbot 1st.

Then you have 2 first round picks and Schneider/luongo to throw around replacing edler.

Schneider both first round picks and Ballard for Adam Larsson David Clarkson 2nd

Then you've got rid of

Schneider Edler Ballard Raymond 1st

For

Couturier Larsson Talbot Clarkson

Sedin sedin Clarkson

Booth Kesler Kassian

Burrows Couturier Hansen

Lapierre Talbot Higgins

Hamhuis Larsson

Garrison Bieksa

Barker Tanev

Luongo

Chris Levesque

Lindy Ruff too? Or am I just being greedy haha

Tell me those teams don't at least consider those deals

What's wrong with that top four? Hmm...we're one injury away from disaster and I'm not convinced Tanev is ready to be a top-four player yet. I love him and he's solid, but lately he's had to play 24+ min and his play has slipped because of it. Short-term that's alright. But he won't work as long-term top-four option - at least not yet.

Edler brings offensive punch as well. He'ss our best offensive defenseman and he is locked in at a good contract. I don't think we need scoring forwards right now. Vancouver is dominating possession-wise. It's just guys like Booth and Burrows are shooting way below their career averages despite playing fairly well. They'll start scoring soon.

I agree Ballard is the guy to move. But he won't return much.

Hartnell looked good with the Sedins in the All Star Game. Sure it's just an ASG, but it's something and he's a guy that could protect the Sedins as well.

I would say Hartnell and Coburn for Booth and Ballard. Both teams need a shake-up. Booth would look good with the Flyers with his style of play and could benefit from the playmaking of Giroux and Briere.

I don't think guys like Couturier or the Schenn's would be the pieces they want to move. Even Simmonds, as he is like their Hansen, where he has more value to his team than he would in a trade.

Hartnell looked good with the Sedins in the All Star Game. Sure it's just an ASG, but it's something and he's a guy that could protect the Sedins as well.

I would say Hartnell and Coburn for Booth and Ballard. Both teams need a shake-up. Booth would look good with the Flyers with his style of play and could benefit from the playmaking of Giroux and Briere.

I don't think guys like Couturier or the Schenn's would be the pieces they want to move. Even Simmonds, as he is like their Hansen, where he has more value to his team than he would in a trade.

Archived