• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheGreatWhiteNorth

VAN-WSH Trade

So I just watched something on NHL.com about the possibility of Mike Ribeiro being traded. They said that even though Washington most likely wouldn't want to trade somebody who's having a season like his, he is on the last year of his contract and it would be wise to trade him if they can't sign him to a new contract. They also mentioned the Canucks would be a good candidate. I thought up a proposal which, in my opinion, would improve both teams and address certain issues with both.

This is my proposal:

Canucks get:

Mike Ribeiro

2013 1st Round Pick

Patrick Wey

Capitals get:

Roberto Luongo

2013 2nd Round Pick

It's no secret that the Canucks need a good center, and Holtby and Neuvirth may not be ready to be starters. I would consider the Capitals to be a team who needs a proven starter. I know about Holtby's 3 shutouts, which is impressive, but aside from that he has not met expectations set from the playoffs last year. Neuvirth isn't a reliable alternative.

The Canucks earn a star who would fix our need for a center and be a great playmaker, a draft pick, and a prospect defensemen in Patrick Wey, while the Capitals earn one of the best goalies in the league, and would fix their issues in net, which could lead them to a playoff spot. Let me know what you think.

they overpay for lu just with the 1st if you change the 1st to next years 1st than i think we have a done deal good job

Yeah, they do.

Ribeiro is an amazing player.

I could see the lines looking like this when healthy.

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Raymond - Ribeiro - Kesler

Higgins - 3rd line c - Hansen

Sestito - Lapierre - Kassian

Move a pick and Booth for a 3rd line centre.

yolo