Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheGreatWhiteNorth

VAN-WSH Trade

6 posts in this topic

So I just watched something on NHL.com about the possibility of Mike Ribeiro being traded. They said that even though Washington most likely wouldn't want to trade somebody who's having a season like his, he is on the last year of his contract and it would be wise to trade him if they can't sign him to a new contract. They also mentioned the Canucks would be a good candidate. I thought up a proposal which, in my opinion, would improve both teams and address certain issues with both.

This is my proposal:

Canucks get:

Mike Ribeiro

2013 1st Round Pick

Patrick Wey

Capitals get:

Roberto Luongo

2013 2nd Round Pick

It's no secret that the Canucks need a good center, and Holtby and Neuvirth may not be ready to be starters. I would consider the Capitals to be a team who needs a proven starter. I know about Holtby's 3 shutouts, which is impressive, but aside from that he has not met expectations set from the playoffs last year. Neuvirth isn't a reliable alternative.

The Canucks earn a star who would fix our need for a center and be a great playmaker, a draft pick, and a prospect defensemen in Patrick Wey, while the Capitals earn one of the best goalies in the league, and would fix their issues in net, which could lead them to a playoff spot. Let me know what you think.

they overpay for lu just with the 1st if you change the 1st to next years 1st than i think we have a done deal good job

they overpay for lu just with the 1st if you change the 1st to next years 1st than i think we have a done deal good job

Yeah, they do.

Ribeiro is an amazing player.

I could see the lines looking like this when healthy.

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Raymond - Ribeiro - Kesler

Higgins - 3rd line c - Hansen

Sestito - Lapierre - Kassian

Move a pick and Booth for a 3rd line centre.

yolo

WSH is pretty much done this year 15-5-3 is what they need to squeak in. Highly unlikely, They won't trade until the off season

I dont kno about luo but boy would it be nice to have Riberio!!!