The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN-MTL

I didn't even have to open the thread to know it would be for Eller. Every time someone has a great game on tsn someone starts a thread to trade for him. Eller was fantastic against Ottawa and has really flourished this season under Therien. That being said, no way in hell does Montreal make that deal.

I didn't even have to open the thread to know it would be for Eller.  Every time someone has a great game on tsn someone starts a thread to trade for him. Eller was fantastic against Ottawa and has really flourished this season under Therien.  That being said, no way in hell does Montreal make that deal.

Or you Eller. Not only is  Eller is already a MUCH more complete player now, but I think He has a higher ceiling than Kassian.  He's almost as big as Kassian, is good in the faceoff circle, is a much better skater.  He kills penalties and is very responsible defensively while being able to break out offensively.  This is the first year he's played with talented linemates and he's responded offensively.(last year he was paired with guys like Darche and White).

So Montreal is going to trade an important part of their lineup who is rapidly improving for a guy who isnt really even NHL ready right? What makes you think Kassian will be a better player in the long run?

The only time he's been productive is when he was paired with the Sedins. And even then he wasn't making things happen. He was just cashing in on the Sedins work. Ansen Carter did the same thing.

Oh, and they don't need Eller to fight. He's one of their better penalty killers. Why Would they wznt him off the ice for extended periods for fighting when they have guys like White and Prust who can fight.

So Montreal is going to trade an important part of their lineup who is rapidly improving for a guy who isnt really even NHL ready right?  What makes you think Kassian will be a better player in the long run?

The only time he's been productive is when he was paired with the Sedins. And even then he wasn't making things happen. He was just cashing in on the Sedins work. Ansen Carter did the same thing.

Oh, and they don't need Eller to fight. He's one of their better penalty killers. Why Would they wznt him off the ice for extended periods for fighting when they have guys like White and Prust who can fight.

He has a clue, Eller has been fantastic, and has an equal to, if not higher ceiling than Kassian. If Montreal was willing to make this deal I would do it in a heartbeat. Obviously they wouldn't but I would be willing to add to a deal to get Eller for sure.

I said i like Eller but i think Kassian will have as good an upside in the future plus that certain nasty edge to him that is being neuterd by his coatch, and that might be what he needs right now so he can concentrate on the other things in the game. Wait for a couple of years when he matures..patience will be rewarded with Kassian.

Archived