#5 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,492 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Not sure if serious...

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#6 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

lol
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#7 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

wow...

But to keep on habs topic, Wow has Subban been lights out since signing that cheap deal

#8 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

I didn't even have to open the thread to know it would be for Eller. Every time someone has a great game on tsn someone starts a thread to trade for him. Eller was fantastic against Ottawa and has really flourished this season under Therien. That being said, no way in hell does Montreal make that deal.

#9 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

I didn't even have to open the thread to know it would be for Eller.  Every time someone has a great game on tsn someone starts a thread to trade for him. Eller was fantastic against Ottawa and has really flourished this season under Therien.  That being said, no way in hell does Montreal make that deal.

You got that backwards.

#10 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

You got that backwards.

You haven't watch many Montreal games this season if you actually believe that

#11 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

You haven't watch many Montreal games this season if you actually believe that

I do and i like Eller but obviously you can't see the potential of Kassian.

#12 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

I'm a Habs fan, you're not getting Eller for Kassian... Eller is starting to tear it up under Therien, like someone else said. And if you're thinking about Montreal needing size, this won't do very much at all. Kassian is only 1", and roughly 5 pounds bigger. So no that doesn't help. And Montreal is sitting first in the Eastern conference so why make a trade? Yes they did Cole for Ryder, but that was soley in Montreal's favour. They got a better goal scorer, a 1 year contract to give them cap space, and a third round pick for a total of 6 picks in the top 90.

Edited by laxgoalie, 14 March 2013 - 09:11 AM.

6104d373-1a23-4efe-aa1c-cc63679010d4_zps716fa427-d766-42cf-a22d-90b1f8e9d39e_zps

#13 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

Or you Eller. Not only is Eller is already a MUCH more complete player now, but I think He has a higher ceiling than Kassian. He's almost as big as Kassian, is good in the faceoff circle, is a much better skater. He kills penalties and is very responsible defensively while being able to break out offensively. This is the first year he's played with talented linemates and he's responded offensively.(last year he was paired with guys like Darche and White).

#14 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Or you Eller. Not only is  Eller is already a MUCH more complete player now, but I think He has a higher ceiling than Kassian.  He's almost as big as Kassian, is good in the faceoff circle, is a much better skater.  He kills penalties and is very responsible defensively while being able to break out offensively.  This is the first year he's played with talented linemates and he's responded offensively.(last year he was paired with guys like Darche and White).

Just wait for Kassian in 3-4 years and then make comparisons, btw can Eller fight?

#15 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

So Montreal is going to trade an important part of their lineup who is rapidly improving for a guy who isnt really even NHL ready right? What makes you think Kassian will be a better player in the long run?

The only time he's been productive is when he was paired with the Sedins. And even then he wasn't making things happen. He was just cashing in on the Sedins work. Ansen Carter did the same thing.

Oh, and they don't need Eller to fight. He's one of their better penalty killers. Why Would they wznt him off the ice for extended periods for fighting when they have guys like White and Prust who can fight.

#16 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

So Montreal is going to trade an important part of their lineup who is rapidly improving for a guy who isnt really even NHL ready right?  What makes you think Kassian will be a better player in the long run?

The only time he's been productive is when he was paired with the Sedins. And even then he wasn't making things happen. He was just cashing in on the Sedins work. Ansen Carter did the same thing.

Oh, and they don't need Eller to fight. He's one of their better penalty killers. Why Would they wznt him off the ice for extended periods for fighting when they have guys like White and Prust who can fight.

Your post just justifies you have no clue about Kassian, just writing a guy off at 22 with 1/2 a season in the NHL.

#17 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Your post just justifies you have no clue about Kassian, just writing a guy off at 22 with 1/2 a season in the NHL.

He has a clue, Eller has been fantastic, and has an equal to, if not higher ceiling than Kassian. If Montreal was willing to make this deal I would do it in a heartbeat. Obviously they wouldn't but I would be willing to add to a deal to get Eller for sure.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#18 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'm not writing him off. I think Kassian wil be a good player but at the moment he's more of a liability than an asset. Eller is a better, more complete player now and will continue to be a more complete player. Hence the reason Montreal would never make this trade.

#19 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

He has a clue, Eller has been fantastic, and has an equal to, if not higher ceiling than Kassian. If Montreal was willing to make this deal I would do it in a heartbeat. Obviously they wouldn't but I would be willing to add to a deal to get Eller for sure.

I said i like Eller but i think Kassian will have as good an upside in the future plus that certain nasty edge to him that is being neuterd by his coatch, and that might be what he needs right now so he can concentrate on the other things in the game. Wait for a couple of years when he matures..patience will be rewarded with Kassian.

#20 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

I said i like Eller but i think Kassian will have as good an upside in the future plus that certain nasty edge to him that is being neuterd by his coatch, and that might be what he needs right now so he can concentrate on the other things in the game. Wait for a couple of years when he matures..patience will be rewarded with Kassian.

My original comment was Montreal would not make this trade and you said it's the other way around. The fact that Kassian will mature into a good player in the future doesn't help a team that is currently one of the better teams in the league.

Kassian may very well be a good player in a couple years. I believe he likely will be. But why would Montreal trade away a guy who is already a very good player and seems to only be improving for one that is a few years from that level of play? Swapping Eller for Kassian would be a step backwards for them right now. That's why they wouldn't make this trade. You can't tell me that the fact that Kassian can fight is reason enough for Montreal to do the trade when they have a few capable fighters in their lineup.

#21 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

Or you can ignore my earlier post completely. You aren't getting Eller for Kassian, straight up. That's that.

6104d373-1a23-4efe-aa1c-cc63679010d4_zps716fa427-d766-42cf-a22d-90b1f8e9d39e_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.