The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VAN Canucks vs NSH Predators - 03/14/13

Strombone1

Canucks_VS_Predators.jpg

24fxwnp.jpg

• The Predators have long been known for riding their defense and scoring just enough goals to win, and the long-vaunted Vancouver offense has had to take on a similar style as it goes through a prolonged slump. It worked last time the two teams met, as the Canucks made a point of playing Nashville’s brand of hockey in its home arena. Now that the Preds have opened up a five-game road trip with a breakout win in Dallas, will this one play the same?

• It was no surprise the Canucks went into Columbus on Tuesday reeling from a four-game losing streak. They had failed to score more than two goals in any of those games and were 0-for-22 on the power play. Coach Alain Vigneault decided to give Cory Schneider a break and went with Roberto Luongo. They still didn't score more than two, but Luongo's 26 saves kept it going long enough for the Canucks to pull out a 2-1 shootout win.

fmq8le.jpg

GDT_Title10.jpg

• Shea Weber was one of four scorers in the Dallas win and extended his point streak to four games, with all the other points coming on assists (five). David Legwand picked up a pair of assists in that game to go with the goals he scored in each of the previous two. … Henrik Sedin had his seven-game point streak snapped in Columbus, but he still has points in 11 of 13 games.

GDT_Title11.jpg

• Second matchup of three, and the only one at Rogers Arena this season. Last time out, Roberto Luongo outdueled Pekka Rinne 1-0 at Bridgestone Arena. Dale Weise had the game's lone goal.

a49ct4.jpg

• 12-7-6, 30 pts

• Henrik Sedin: 24 Points

• Daniel Sedin: 8 Goals

• Henrik Sedin: 18 Assists

GDT_Title12.jpg

• 11-9-6, 28 pts

• Colin Wilson: 19 Points

• Colin Wilson: 7 Goals

• Colin Wilson 12 Assists

2e48zl2.jpg

Steve Pinizzotto

Maxim LapierreDale Weise

Injured: Ryan Kesler, Manny Malhotra

Scratched: Keith Ballard, Tom Sestito, Cam Barker

GDT_Title13.jpg

Injured: Patric Hornqvist, Colin Wilson, Paul Gaustad

GDT_Title14.jpg

CREDIT

Too bad Kes isn't back for this game so he could make Carrie Underwood cry again :towel: anyways Canuck win 3-1. D. Sedin, Kassian (hes over due), Higgy for Vancouver.

Edler :picard: (deflection of his stick/foot/body/) will score on his own goalie to give nashville their loan goal.

Happy as a chappy for mr. Pinizzotto, assuming he plays this one. I bet he'll have some fire, first NHL game in front of the home crowd.

I think we'll see the Ebbett experiment end shortly, I saw nothing from his last game that tells me he should stay.

Loving the Booth-Higgins-Kassian line, some serious bangers right there.

I'll say 4-2 Canucks, Henrik, Booth, Edler, Daniel with the goals. Fisher and Legwand for NSH

I am excited for this game for 2 reasons;

1) First Canucks game ill be attending since game 5 of the LA series last year

and;

2) My buddy Victor Bartley of the Predators got called up from Milwaukee 3 games ago and has looked great. Undrafted guy from Maple Ridge will be playing in front of friends and family in only his 4th career NHL game. Good guy who worked his ass off after not being drafted in Europe and the AHL, finally got the call last week and the Preds have pitched 2 shutouts since then.

Im hoping for a 4-3 Vancouver win, with a Bartley 3 point night (the kid still doesnt have a point in 3 games, would be awesome to do at home)

Archived