Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rambo1515

Look Around. We're not Alone.

31 posts in this topic

This time last year we were doing bad too, I'm not worried.

I thought this would of been about aliens.

its actually crazy that we're still in third place playing so badly. If i didn't know i would've guessed we'd be out of the playoffs easily.

True but I think there are too many "ifs"

If this happens, if that happens, etc...it is too risky to rely on something that hasn't been working all season to magically work once the playoffs begin.

Didn't the Canucks use "saving energy as the playoffs" as an excuse for their poor play near the end of the last season? They sure used the energy well by losing in 5 games.

If this happens, if that happens, etc...it is too risky to rely on something that hasn't been working all season to magically work once the playoffs begin.

Didn't the Canucks use "saving energy as the playoffs" as an excuse for their poor play near the end of the last season? They sure used the energy well by losing in 5 games.

Well said. We just need to get back on a winning streak and get Kesler/Bieksa back too

We used to be alone at the top, but now we're not. It's been difficult for most us to cope with that idea.

Detroit, San Jose, Vancouver, Nashville... teams who've had their best years behind them. Now they have to achieve more with less. A miracle could happen, but we are no longer the strongest team on paper.

Good post, but they're easier to type when we're clinging to the NW lead. Now we need some seperation from the other 4 teams.

Additional reasons for optimism:

-Amazing 'tender tandem, that will soon be pushing each other, again.

-More depth, & team-toughness. Guys like Kass, Sestito, Pinizzotto, Vandemeer etc., will allow us to play rugged in spring.

-Past experience to learn from, especially the 2011 run. Mentally, it will probably help guys like Roberto & the twins, in leadership-roles.

Good post, but they're easier to type when we're clinging to the NW lead. Now we need some seperation from the other 4 teams.

Additional reasons for optimism:

-Amazing 'tender tandem, that will soon be pushing each other, again.

-More depth, & team-toughness. Guys like Kass, Sestito, Pinizzotto, Vandemeer etc., will allow us to play rugged in spring.

-Past experience to learn from, especially the 2011 run. Mentally, it will probably help guys like Roberto & the twins, in leadership-roles.

Just wait until we start the new realignment, wowsers, watch for the sky is falling threads that are gonna pop up on CDC faster than the Trade Lou/Trade Schneids threads that are happening this very minute.