The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The New Realignment Plan

JJC

I mostly like it other than the Playoff format.

Less Minnesota and Colorado is nice.

More games against the Cali teams will be fun.

Seeing every team home and away is great.

Florida teams have bad travel but it's great for ticket sales. They have 4 Original Six teams in their division.

If you cross reference it with a map of the US the blue square is Colorado and the green square is New Mexico.

This realignment is the best thing to happen to this leauge in a long time. Change is good.

All they need now is Seattle and one more western team and move Florida to Quebec.

I don't get why the Florida teams are in Div C... Why not put Columbus and Pit in Div C and the Florida teams in Div D? Also, unless two more teams are added to the west, this is a huge joke...makes the NHL look like a junior league...

Also as an aside, they need to get rid of the extra garbage OT point and shootouts altogether. As someone pointed out the other day, that would be like deciding football ties with quarterbacks throwing footballs through tires.

I don't get why the Florida teams are in Div C... Why not put Columbus and Pit in Div C and the Florida teams in Div D? Also, unless two more teams are added to the west, this is a huge joke...makes the NHL look like a junior league...

I'm curious...

So the best team in the conference plays the wild card team with the fewest points.

The second best in the conference plays the wild card with more points.

Then it's second plays third in each division...

What if the first and second teams in division A are the teams with the most in the conference? And what if there are two wild cards from division B?

So who would third place in division A play?

with the new realignment Vancouver's division will have all teams on pacific or western time zones. this is good for the canuck fans in BC but bad for the Vancouver fans in Ontario. When the Canucks play at home or against a team like Minnesota or Calgary the game will be at 10pm in ontario but if they play a team like Columbus or Chicago it will be at 7 or 8 in ontario. but with thisrealignment they wont be playing that many games against Chicago or Columbus. I just think the NHL should of looked into that but with bettman in charged i am not surprised he did nothingNHL-Realignment-Final.png

I've personally never really minded the fact that they play at 10. With my family not being hockey fans by ten everyone is in bed and I dont need to deal with their whining, and when canucks are losing my fuse is very short with them hahah. There are some times though that I can't make it til the end of the game cause i'm just so dead tired. I suppose thats when a 7 or 8 o'clock game comes very in handy. I'm not complaining though. If I didn't like it I would cheer for a didn't team. At this point I can't change my love for canucks and will more likely move closer to my team over switching to a new one. Just me.

If the Canucks were to keep somewhat of the same schedule we are losing 4 early start games. 2 road games against Detroit and 2 against Columbus. I highly doubt this change is really going to hurt. Yes it sucks living in the east cheering for a Western team but that was the deal we made when we decided to cheer for them.

Let's be greatful for center ice where we can watch them every game inistead of only being able to see them play Saturday night against the stinking Leafs in the 80's. Also living in the east, we get to see every Canuck game, including the pay per view games that the BC'ers might not want to pay for, thou not sure if they are doing PPV games this year, that being said the stinkinh Leafs are.....

yeah I've been going to school in Quebec for the last 4 years. 7 o'clock games seems so early to me now. The only time I really mind the late starts is when I have 8:30 class the next day. But I can deal with that.

with the new realignment Vancouver's division will have all teams on pacific or western time zones. this is good for the canuck fans in BC but bad for the Vancouver fans in Ontario. When the Canucks play at home or against a team like Minnesota or Calgary the game will be at 10pm in ontario but if they play a team like Columbus or Chicago it will be at 7 or 8 in ontario. but with thisrealignment they wont be playing that many games against Chicago or Columbus. I just think the NHL should of looked into that but with bettman in charged i am not surprised he did nothingNHL-Realignment-Final.png

Thanks for taking the lumps for us haha.. Look at it from a person in BC's perspective that gets off work at 5, they now get to watch those games that start at 5 or 6.

I lived in grande prairie for 3 years without centre ice so I know what it's like to be deprived. Sucks, move home.

Ah, yes. It's all about the Canucks (and their fans). Nevemind Detroit fans in Detroit have had to deal with this for years as most of their games were in the Pacific time zone when they're and Eastern time zone team.

Bettman sucks for a lot of reasons, but this isn't one of them.

BIG flaws are already emerging. The 4th spot of each divisions playoff spots, are "wild card spots" which means any team from the conference qualify for them.

EG. A team(in the new mid west division) could finish with more points than the pacific divisions 3rd spot, but can't seed higher than them. So the 2nd seed of the division would play the 3rd seed of the division, who would be worse than the 4th seed, and be much closer in location to the team they are playing.

Archived