The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What does realignment do for Vancouver?

TheFastOne21

As the title suggests what do you all think the approved realigment for the league will do for Vancouver?

It will cut down on the crazed amount of travel this team puts in every season for one.

It will also add a good amount of better competition to our division. I like this because it will be a better measurement of our team and hopefully prepare them better come playoff time.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=660138&navid=DL|NHL|home

/topic/341495-the-new-realignment-plan/">http://forum.canucks.com/topic/341495-the-new-realignment-plan/

If that is the case then we never deserved to be in the post season to begin with.

Competition is good. I think the lack of competition is why we falter in the playoffs. Its easy to get into cruise mode and very hard to get out of it. The idea of having to scrap and fight our way to the post season is a good thing.

I don't know with realignment I still don't think our division is all that tough.

Anaheim is having a good year this year but they will lose Perry, and you have to figure Selanne will retire at some point soon.

San Jose is only getting older.

LA sure defending cup champions but don't think they are that good this year and am skeptical about them being able to stay relevant for too long.

Phoenix is well coached and ya..

Edmonton is basically the new islanders lol. Keep giving them 1sts and noting helps haha.

Calgary you just have to mention Feaster.

I mean it's a tougher division than what we have but it's far from the toughest competition IMO. I'm not too worried we still got this.

It will definitley help me to see more of their games since I live in NY and they will be playing the Devils, Islanders, and Rangers at least once every season now @ their arenas.

I like it. More games within their own time zone... Look at this last road trip, fly to Columbus, then Minnesota, then back to Columbus before flying back to Vancouver. That's a lot of flying for three games and hopefully trips like that become an exception rather than the norm.

the move I don't understand is why they have TB and FLA in the with teams in the north east division. To me, it makes more sense to have them with the south eastern US teams.... and maybe even Detroit in the south east. Could move the three New York teams (New Jersey, NYI and NYR) into the north east division.

North east - Bos, Buf, Mont, NJD, NYI, NYR, Ott, Tor

South east - Car, CBJ, Det, Fla, Pitt, Phi, TB, Wash

I like it. More games within their own time zone... Look at this last road trip, fly to Columbus, then Minnesota, then back to Columbus before flying back to Vancouver. That's a lot of flying for three games and hopefully trips like that become an exception rather than the norm.

the move I don't understand is why they have TB and FLA in the with teams in the north east division. To me, it makes more sense to have them with the south eastern US teams.... and maybe even Detroit in the south east. Could move the three New York teams (New Jersey, NYI and NYR) into the north east division.

North east - Bos, Buf, Mont, NJD, NYI, NYR, Ott, Tor

South east - Car, CBJ, Det, Fla, Pitt, Phi, TB, Wash

I don't know with realignment I still don't think our division is all that tough.

Anaheim is having a good year this year but they will lose Perry, and you have to figure Selanne will retire at some point soon.

San Jose is only getting older.

LA sure defending cup champions but don't think they are that good this year and am skeptical about them being able to stay relevant for too long.

Phoenix is well coached and ya..

Edmonton is basically the new islanders lol. Keep giving them 1sts and noting helps haha.

Calgary you just have to mention Feaster.

I mean it's a tougher division than what we have but it's far from the toughest competition IMO. I'm not too worried we still got this.

Heres one thing I don't understand is why are there so many Debbie Downing Canucks fans who have no confidence in there team? Look at what we did the past 4 years??? OF COURSE WE HAVE A CHANCE AT TAKING THE DIVISION TITLE! Of course it's harder now, as there are 7 teams instead of 5, but still! Mike gillis just needs to patch up some holes on our team, (3rd line centerman, maybe a winger) and we are pretty much fine.

I'm hoping it makes for tougher competition. It would be great if winning the division wasn't a gimmie anymore, we've likely grown a bit complacent because of that. Hopefully the guys will have to play harder to win, management will have to wake up, and it makes for entertaining hockey.

Archived