The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Edler for Tyler Myers?

stupid idea.

Edler's struggles are overblown. A lot of top pairing dmans around the leauge somewhat struggling. Becuase Edler logs so much ice time, the chances of we noticing his screw ups is much higher because he plays much more.

Terrible idea too, Tyler Myers is struggling much more then Edler. This will be a downright stupid trade.

Personally I think buffalo would have to add more. Edler, while struggling this season, is a proven high calibre NHL D Man who can produce great offensive numbers when still being solid in his own zone......exception to this season. When you take someone of Edler's abilities, include the fact that when he is on his game his contract is a steal, moving him for a struggling novice jut doesn't make any sense.

Also we should be keeping in mind that it is all but certain that Edler is playing injured. A players performance doesn't just drop off like this without some justification and Edler has never played this poorly before. I don't think Edler should be moved period, but if it has to happen, it has to be for more than a struggling Myers.

I wouldn't think twice about doing this deal...and because Edler is such a nice guy, I would drive him to the airport, carry his bags and see to it that he got his executive class boarding pass organized properly.

Buffalo just might do this deal because of the magic Edler and Erhoff have shared in the past. It would make Buffalo a better team...we might regress a little, but we get a kid who has the potential to be the elite d-man that everyone has been screaming for.

They have to throw in more. I dunno, if you put edler on the market there would be a massive bidding war. Swapping him for Myers doesn't make us better than a package you could get for him.

If there's a way to get foligno in there I think I do it. Edler Raymond for Myers Foligno 2nd

stupid idea.

Edler's struggles are overblown.  A lot of top pairing dmans around the leauge somewhat struggling.  Becuase Edler logs so much ice time, the chances of we noticing his screw ups is much higher because he plays much more.  

Terrible idea too, Tyler Myers is struggling much more then Edler.  This will be a downright stupid trade.

Archived