The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is the best codeine *cough* syrup?

Gustavo Fring

Unless you have a RX from the doctor, you won't be able to get any cough syrups with Codeine over the counter. So what is the point of your post? Any cough syrups with Codeine as the main ingredient will need a special controlled substance RX from the doctor (especially if it is over 20mg/30mL)

Wet cough? Dry cough?

My wife is a Pharmacist and I have got a bad cough right now also. SHe has me taking Benylin xtra strenth for Mucas & Phlegm.

Seriously......go talk to a Pharmacist at the least they can advise you whether you need to see a Doctor or not.

Just get drunk on Nyquil and be done with it. Codeine is unobtainable except through a prescription from a doctor or..less than legal ways. That's it. And if you do wind up with a codeine based cough syrup...for the love of all that's good read the warning label and DON'T mix alcohol with it.

Just get drunk on Nyquil and be done with it. Codeine is unobtainable except through a prescription from a doctor or..less than legal ways. That's it. And if you do wind up with a codeine based cough syrup...for the love of all that's good read the warning label and DON'T mix alcohol with it.

I thought it was common sense that you don't ever mix drugs with alcohol, never mind codeine. Also, doctors in BC won't prescribe a codeine based cough syrup unless it is a severe cough that might cause other side effects if not treated immediately. The BC controlled substance program is very strict about these prescriptions.

Brotha how close do you live to Huntsville Alabama. The reason I'm asking, Alabama Huntsville University has been accepted into the WCHA Division 1 hockey league for next season. It's a really good brand of hockey and, in the same way you somehow became a Canucks fan, I have always rooted for the lone southern hockey program in the NCAA for some reason!

Go chargers!!!

This is how I cure cough

1)drink cough syrup 3 times a day 2 tbsp.

2) Buy cepacol (sore throat) and keep it in your mouth if you feel like your throat is hurting or "itchy" feeling ( I usually finish 2 packs in a week. )

3) stay in warm place

?

Pretty sure you can go to your pharmacists and just ask for a cough syrup with codeine in it. It might be a huge amount of codeine, but it's doable. I know this because someone I work with had a bad cough and she just popped over to the nearby shopper's and got a bottle of cough syrup (with codeine) just by asking the pharmacist. It's probably a combination of codeine another drug but it's not like codeine is completely off limits...

Archived