The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is the best codeine *cough* syrup?

Gustavo Fring

My RIP PIMP C t-shirt is in my regular rotation.

OP, do not make me get a RIP PIMP FRING t-shirt.

Also, there's a great tribute album by DJ Lights Out if you can find a copy. Not sure if posting links to those sites on here is allowed. Then again, I would've never thought to post something as blatant as the OP on here either.

Grand Marnier for cough and sore throat (make sure it's heated)

If you want to go to war with an illness however, no better weapon than a Spanish coffee. Make sure to include the sugar coated rim, whipped cream and cinnamon stick. You will actually look forward to getting sick.

?

Pretty sure you can go to your pharmacists and just ask for a cough syrup with codeine in it. It might be a huge amount of codeine, but it's doable. I know this because someone I work with had a bad cough and she just popped over to the nearby shopper's and got a bottle of cough syrup (with codeine) just by asking the pharmacist. It's probably a combination of codeine another drug but it's not like codeine is completely off limits...

Oil of Oregano...a few drops on the tongue. Must be at the first sign of (for future reference).

I also like Nin Jiom but no codeine involved...natural ingredients.

Everyone around me was battling a brutal cold/cough the past few weeks...I've loaded up on Vit C, Zinc, Echinasea, Oil of Oregano and have been making fruit and kale smoothies all week after work. Been drinking boiled water with honey, lemon, ginger, garlic. So far so good (knocking on wood).

Or, as suggested, booze.

(Mom used to load us up with Benylin/codeine. They gave us gripe water/liquid Mama too. Probably a shot of crown in the bottle? LOL, the good old days)

Oil of Oregano...a few drops on the tongue. Must be at the first sign of (for future reference).

Everyone around me was battling a brutal cold/cough the past few weeks...I've loaded up on Vit C, Zinc, Echinasea, Oil of Oregano and have been making fruit and kale smoothies all week after work. Been drinking boiled water with honey, lemon, ginger, garlic. So far so good (knocking on wood).

Or, as suggested, booze.

(Mom used to load us up with Benylin/codeine. They gave us gripe water/liquid Mama too. Probably a shot of crown in the bottle? LOL, the good old days)

Or, as suggested, booze.

Or, as suggested, booze.

Absolutely agree ^ .... my son actually had dizzy spells and it was attributed to his use of echinacea. So you're 100% right. I do think some of the above help the immune system but, obviously, don't work on an immediate "I'll take it when I'm sick" basis. With me, I start pumping stuff in when I'm exposed to people around me getting sick but I don't challenge what you've said at all. Good follow up. :)

(and the booze part - well - it was a joke but at the very least it used to knock out my ex when he was sick so I didn't have to listen to his whining) :)

With your disclosure in the "other" thread and the fact that you were soliciting for information by misleading us (not for a cough at all), I'll close this thread.

With the very real message that it's a dangerous game to play...please, if you're considering using prescription or other meds for any use other than what they're intended for, get some help. Talk to someone. As the sister of a drug addict who nearly lost his life to his concoctions of choice, I speak from experience.

Archived