The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Aggressively Pursuing Trade (Interested in Steve Ott & Derek Roy)

Jeeze... We should of got him last year instead of Kassian...

We need offensive talent, as TOML said ,Ribeiro would be great. You add Ott, and you have a bunch of guys who are 3rd/4th liners.

Booth, Higgins, Hansen, Raymond, Lapierre, Ott, Kassian

Top 6: Sedins, Burrows (due to Sedins) and Kesler (questionable)

Look at the top contenders in the league.

CHI: Hossa/Toews/Sharp/Kane

PIT: Malkin/Crosby/Kunitz/Neal

BOS: Krejci/Lucic/Bergeron/Seguin

ANA: Getzlaf/Perry/Ryan/Selanne

Jeeze... We should of got him last year instead of Kassian...

We need offensive talent, as TOML said ,Ribeiro would be great. You add Ott, and you have a bunch of guys who 3rd/4th liners.

Booth, Higgins, Hansen, Raymond, Lapierre, Ott, Kassian

Top 6: Sedins, Burrows (due to Sedins) and Kesler (questionable)

We don't have a 3rd line center

we have two 1st line centers, a 4th line center and depth players.

Thats what we need.

And moving Kesler two wing would be dumb, he is elite defensively and we need what he brings defensively down the middle since center is a much more defensive position than Wing.

How is it questionable?

And I am pretty sure Mason Raymond is playing like a top 6 forward this season. And Burrows would be a 2nd liner without the twins aswell.

What we need is a 3rd line center than can bring a really good defensively game & is good on draws, offense would be great too but not top priority IMO. someone like Bozak would be perfect, or Goc would also be very nice.

Also, like those teams we have 4 good offensive players. But unlike those teams, we don't have a good two-way 3rd line center (Bolland, Peverly, Sutter, Koivu)

We don't have a 3rd line center

we have two 1st line centers, a 4th line center and depth players.

Thats what we need.

And moving Kesler two wing would be dumb, he is elite defensively and we need what he brings defensively down the middle since center is a much more defensive position than Wing.

How is it questionable?

And I am pretty sure Mason Raymond is playing like a top 6 forward this season. And Burrows would be a 2nd liner without the twins aswell.

What we need is a 3rd line center than can bring a really good defensively game & is good on draws, offense would be great too but not top priority IMO. someone like Bozak would be perfect, or Goc would also be very nice.

Also, like those teams we have 4 good offensive players. But unlike those teams, we don't have a good two-way 3rd line center (Bolland, Peverly, Sutter, Koivu)

Mainly my point is, do you rank up guys like Booth, Raymond, Higgins, Hansen, Kassian with other teams secondary guys like Sharp, Kane, Malkin, Neal, Bergeron, Seguin, Ryan, Selanne?

Kesler only questionable due to his poor playing style, and I need to see him play for 20 games straight. His last season wasn't too good, and he didn't look great when he played. Yes, injuries... but we'll see.

There is no evidence that Burrows is a 2nd line player without the Sedins. When separated from them, he has looked bad. Currently with them, he hasn't been so great in production. (48, 52 pts last two years, 14 pts in 26 gp this year WITH the Sedins, imagine without them)

My main point is, you need 4 offensive juggernauts, 2 on each line, then you can slot your Booth/Higgins/Raymond/Hansen/Kassian

Unless Booth returns to his 30/30 Florida days, and Raymond returns to 25g/50pt form, then I guess we can get away with it. But then you see these guys trail off in the playoffs against tight checking defense due to lack of natural offensive talent.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - XXXXX

Higgins - XXXXXX - Hansen

Booth - Lapierre - Kassian

Two pieces away IMO.

That's scary, Chicago 2010-esque depth, assuming we grab solid players to fill in those roles. But does Vancouver have the assets?

Nobody can definitively say Kesler is a first line center without seeing him play there on a regular basis -- and nobody has. I don't doubt he can fit there short term but there's no real evidence definitively saying he would succeed in that role. I think Max can play the third line on a regular basis as long as he is supported by a couple guys that can finish once in a while too. He's posted some solid numbers before, even with us, and those obviously weren't in fourth line roles.

The Canucks really need to go for a legitimate top six player. Ideally a center at this point. If either Henrik or Kesler go down in the playoffs - that's it, game over. This team doesn't have the center depth to slot someone in someone to fill that void. Assuming either Kesler or Henrik go down in the playoffs, do you really think Steve Ott is going to fill that hole effectively? I sure as hell don't. With the rumors of Roy floating around, he more than has that ability. Plus, it makes us a greater offensive threat three lines down if we decide to spread them out.

There is no evidence that Burrows is a 2nd line player without the Sedins. When separated from them, he has looked bad. Currently with them, he hasn't been so great in production. (48, 52 pts last two years, 14 pts in 26 gp this year WITH the Sedins, imagine without them)

My main point is, you need 4 offensive juggernauts, 2 on each line, then you can slot your Booth/Higgins/Raymond/Hansen/Kassian

Unless Booth returns to his 30/30 Florida days, and Raymond returns to 25g/50pt form, then I guess we can get away with it. But then you see these guys trail off in the playoffs against tight checking defense due to lack of natural offensive talent.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - XXXXX

Two pieces away IMO.

That's scary, Chicago 2010-esque depth, assuming we grab solid players to fill in those roles. But does Vancouver have the assets?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - XXXXX

Two pieces away IMO.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - XXXXX

Two pieces away IMO.

Archived