Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

PGT - Preds 4 - 7 Canucks F - 03.14.13

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
317 replies to this topic

#301 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hey I'm no coach, but shouldn't AV have been more like:

AV: Hey Zack.

Kass: Yeah?

AV: I appreciate you trying to expand your offensive game, but I want you to tighten things up for the rest of the game. Nothing fancy.

Kass: Sure thing coach.

This made my day.....cheers!

#302 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,971 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

No kidding. Give me the good old days of Ballard-Bieksa... ;)

Essensa over Potvin: The only time a Canucks back-up won the starting role outright.....until Cloutier came in.

Shiznak at his best: 

Considering their cap hit and age, I'd still take Bonino over Kesler. 

#303 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Essensa over Potvin: The only time a Canucks back-up won the starting role outright.....until Cloutier came in.

LOLLL... man am I glad those days r gone. There's such a surplus of talented goalies these days compared to back then. Especially the European fusion ... rinne lundqvist hiller... list goes on
2cz94w5.jpg<
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books.
THE CANUCKS ARE THE SINGLE, GREATEST SPORTS FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. GO CANUCKS GO

#304 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Brown eyes?? Good one, I'm guessing atleast 3 billion other people have brown eyes.

And guess what? Luongo is starting Saturday because av knows he's better and you're always wrong :)

Because AV knows all.....

#305 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Reading these posts is commical. Some ppl will defend a guy to the ends of the earth. Holy smokes LOL.

#306 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Lol win a cup with Cory ... he can't even get us into the playoffs the way he's played this year.

You do know that in the nhl to win tthe cup u have to firstly qualify for the playoffs right?

to make the playoffs u have to finish top eight in ur conference... so far cory hasn't given us wins like Lu has.

Luongo is the reason we dont have a Stanley Cup.

'Apollo's head explodes.'

#307 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Its CDC ... we always focus on a couple arguments here. It is what it is.

Ill fight for luongo until I die.

You are getting seriously scary bud.

#308 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Wow what's happening with Nashville ....rinne pulled again.... 3-0 Calgary already early in the 2nd....

#309 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

Did u watch the game? 6 goals were banked or deflected of our own guys or someone screened him brutally.

Answer this... replace Cory in all the games lu played... would we still be in the playoffs??

absoluetly brown eyes !!

#310 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,693 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Not to rain on the victory parade from last night but...Calgary just beat the Preds 6-3 and gave up only 20 shots versus the 33 our guys allowed.

Curtis Glencross withe the hat trick who now has 12 goals this year ...that's only 3 less than our Sedin twins combined.

#311 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Hey I'm no coach, but shouldn't AV have been more like:

AV: Hey Zack.

Kass: Yeah?

AV: I appreciate you trying to expand your offensive game, but I want you to tighten things up for the rest of the game. Nothing fancy.

Kass: Sure thing coach.

That sort of activity would require coaching.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#312 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

I don't think Ballard is playing Tommorow.

Meaning more Alberts.

AV... :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

zackass.png

#313 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

That sort of activity would require coaching.

Oh yeah, forgot about that... :P

#314 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Luongo vs Schneider is the least of this team's worries........in fact, they may be the only thing from coaching right on down through the 13th forward that I am not actually worried much about.

I wish people would just lay off making at always about the goalies.......how many games have either of them really cost us this year compared to the brutal team defence, lack of scoring, and inexplicable coaching decisions?

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 15 March 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#315 doobie

doobie

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Luongo vs Schneider is the least of this team's worries........in fact, they may be the only thing from coaching right on down through the 13th forward that I am not actually worried much about.

I wish people would just lay off making at always about the goalies.......how many games have either of them really cost us this year compared to the brutal team defence, lack of scoring, and inexplicable coaching decisions?

the problem is the fans are too uneducated in this city to think about blaming anything else but the goalies

#316 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Argue all you want about who's better, but until Schneider takes it to Game 7 of the Finals, he has nothing on Luongo.

He can literally have a GAA of 7 but if he makes Game 7 of the Finals, then he deserves to be in the same category as Luongo. Hell, he can have a GAA of 99 and a Save % of 1, if he gets to that game, then he deserves to be mentioned in the same sentance as Luongo in terms of eliteness.

Unless he wins it in Game 4, then well sure he's a better goaltender. But until he does better than Luongo, IN TERMS OF WINS, not statistics, he's hasn't proven anything that he's better than Luongo.

Chicago won the Cup with Anitti Freakin' Niemi. Guy was absolutely horrible, but guess what, he made the stops when his team needed him to. Stats don't matter people, it's about the W in the end. You can let in 10 goals, as long as you get the W, nobody cares.

Edited by Django, 15 March 2013 - 10:11 PM.

Posted Image

#317 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,079 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Wow what's happening with Nashville ....rinne pulled again.... 3-0 Calgary already early in the 2nd....

We broke him :D

Keswho.jpg

#318 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,117 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Luongo is the reason we dont have a Stanley Cup.

'Apollo's head explodes.'

Totally disagree. Injuries are the reason we don't have a Cup, along with Tim Thomas putting up unbelievable goaltending numbers.

I'd say Louie may have cost the Canucks last night's game. Saves that should have been made on the second Zetterberg goal and the one by Cleary would have given the Canucks a fighting chance. As it was, the Canucks got zero bounces, compared to Detroit's three and without the saves on the two goals that weren't lucky bounces, the team had no chance to come back.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.