317 replies to this topic

#91 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

I would just like to say great game Ebbett 3 point night he looked money all night. I have never thought he was very good at NHL level. So congratulations he made me a believer at least on this night.

#92 Tell Kelly I said hi

Tell Kelly I said hi

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Ebbett 4 Hart!!!
Posted Image

#93 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Bieksa had a game to forget - bad turnover on the first goal, second one in off of his skate, and was too slow to react on the fourth goal. Luongo played a good game, it'd be 7-1 if it weren't for Bieksa. The Fisher one is the only one you could really say that he should've stopped. But Bieksa'll improve as he gets back into game shape, and hopefully this is the start of things turning around!

abl8vt.jpg

#94 Youth_Movement

Youth_Movement

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

was it just me or was kassian benched for the 3rd period? i thought he looked good out there? what happend?
CUP OR BUST!!!!!!

#95 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Millionaires night, here we come!!
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#96 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,511 posts

Oh haha, I didn't even know. Then start whoever.

Luongo had a really good game tonight, not his A+ game but still a pretty good game, made alot of key saves, so I guess it comes down to if AV wants to play Lu against the Wings and give him a shot at redemption, or play Cory in and get him back in there.

sorry but he had a ok game tonight nowhere near solid looked very shaky at times ya made some key saves but almost gave up the lead at times too was nowhere near a good game for him and even he admits it

i will give credit where credit is due he won us the columbus game but he was a non factor for the most part in this game

#97 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

An exciting game between the Canucks and Preds?! That was fun to watch.
That was Vintage Luongo out there tonight...I love both goalies but Luongo is still this teams #1, Schneider is a solid 1A..but they need to keep Luongo.

he was technically terrible...and he said as much in post game interview.

#98 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,436 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

was it just me or was kassian benched for the 3rd period? i thought he looked good out there? what happend?

Turnover in the Offensive zone that led to a goal against in the 3rd period.

#99 Youth_Movement

Youth_Movement

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

so one bad turn over for kassian and he is benched, despite a good first 2 periods. Meanwhile beiksa......

Edited by Youth_Movement, 14 March 2013 - 10:12 PM.

CUP OR BUST!!!!!!

#100 JustAFan33

JustAFan33

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Only AV would bench Kassian while our d runs out of excuses for incompetence.

Kassian deserved to be benched tonight. He gave the puck away multiple times. It was just the last two, once in Nashville's end that allowed them to break out and then in their own end, on the same play, that led to that third goal. He's been playing horribly and has looked completely lost out there for a while. I'd love if he turned out to be a skilled power forward, but he hasn't done anything to demonstrate that level of skill or consistency yet. He's a defensive liability without any offensive upside and makes bad decisions with the puck.

He could start improving by learning to skate. His straight line speed and stability is adequate, but his acceleration and, in particular, mobility and agility, are really not NHL level. Guy looks like he's trying to maneuver skis out there most of the time. He gets caught flat footed on a regular basis and just can't keep up with any play that isn't a scrum in a corner or a straight line up-the-ice rush.

#101 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 71,015 posts

Is the live post-game thing not working for anyone else?

It works for me now.

307mg00.jpg

#102 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,575 posts

Visual of Chris Tanev's knee pad after blocking the Shea Weber shot :shock:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#103 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

sorry but he had a ok game tonight nowhere near solid looked very shaky at times ya made some key saves but almost gave up the lead at times too was nowhere near a good game for him and even he admits it

i will give credit where credit is due he won us the columbus game but he was a non factor for the most part in this game

I thought he was better tonight than against Columbus, some shaky goals, didn't start well early but picked it up as the game went along and got alot better.

zackass.png

#104 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

almost exactly like last year vs the preds, wierd game. Lu made some big saves and looked great few times but preds beat him with 2-3 lucky goals off some bounces.

One of those games but luckily Rinne got pulled and we scored 7...

Although Lu made some amazing saves, by my count he should have had 1 or two of the goals scored against him, Bieksa, oh Bieksa, 1 or two goals were a direct result of his play or lack of awareness. I know Bieksa just returned from injury but he was pretty bad today and looked a little out of it imo, rest of the team picked up the slack, secondary scoring key again. On to the next game

#105 Zissou

Zissou

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

to put the shot count in perspective we had 18 shots in the second period against Columbus and ended up squeaking out a SO victory. Shot total doesn't ALWAYS accurately represent the flow of a game.

#106 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,970 posts

Helluva game, I'll be watching the highlights all night! I love the high scoring games.

Favourite goal? - probably Hansen's. How about you?

Hansen's. Also loved Hank's penalty shot.

Posted Image

#107 NikiShiz

NikiShiz

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Hanks shoout out goal...... :frantic: :wub:
Posted Image
NikiShiz

#108 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

didn't need to be a factor because we got 7 and Rinne got pulled, one of the hottest goalies so luckily for us. A game where the goalie got beat by 4 but still win is good sometimes too.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#109 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Which the sedins and burrows did 20 times in that game.... Bollocks this benching treatment of KASS .... Av is touched in the head....

#110 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

almost exactly like last year vs the preds, wierd game. Lu made some big saves and looked great few times but preds beat him with 2-3 lucky goals off some bounces.

One of those games but luckily Rinne got pulled and we scored 7...

lou was the chits for all you know. you must have been looking at your tats !

#111 Youth_Movement

Youth_Movement

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Kassian deserved to be benched tonight. He gave the puck away multiple times. It was just the last two, once in Nashville's end that allowed them to break out and then in their own end, on the same play, that led to that third goal. He's been playing horribly and has looked completely lost out there for a while. I'd love if he turned out to be a skilled power forward, but he hasn't done anything to demonstrate that level of skill or consistency yet. He's a defensive liability without any offensive upside and makes bad decisions with the puck.

He could start improving by learning to skate. His straight line speed and stability is adequate, but his acceleration and, in particular, mobility and agility, are really not NHL level. Guy looks like he's trying to maneuver skis out there most of the time. He gets caught flat footed on a regular basis and just can't keep up with any play that isn't a scrum in a corner or a straight line up-the-ice rush.

you know kassian is number 9 right? him and booth have been skating circles around everyone the last bunch of games.
CUP OR BUST!!!!!!

#112 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Fun game to watch. They scored some goals and got the win. I'll take it.

#113 believe in blue forever

believe in blue forever

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

I missed the 3rd period so can someone tell me what happened to Tanev?

nvm

Edited by believe in blue forever, 14 March 2013 - 10:21 PM.

Posted Image

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. George R.R. Martin
Luongo is blamed for a lot of things. I think he was blamed for the teachers strike, and the high gas prices in Vancouver. Alain Vigneault

#114 Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

I maintain that Edler needs to sit a couple of games. Another horrible game for him while his defensive partner in Bieksa had a tough first game back, too. Luongo looked decent enough, can't fault him too much for the bad bounces, but whatever. Raymond, Hansen, Ebbett, and even Lappiere were energizing tonight. Very fun to watch. And I think Mason is still looking for his jock after that penalty shot goal by Henrik (which really shouldn't even have been).

All-in-all a really entertaining game tonight, even by the officials. Good on everyone!
Posted Image
[Why 2.0? Because after 9 years, I lost my password and email... huzzah]

#115 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

An exciting game between the Canucks and Preds?! That was fun to watch.
That was Vintage Luongo out there tonight...I love both goalies but Luongo is still this teams #1, Schneider is a solid 1A..but they need to keep Luongo.

Yea one of the lowest scoring teams...scores 4 on us at home..vintage Lu :picard:

#116 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,436 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

POPULAR

Visual of Chris Tanev's knee pad after blocking the Shea Weber shot :shock:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#117 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,824 posts

so one bad turn over for kassian and he is benched, despite a good first 2 periods. Meanwhile beiksa......

kass was -2, in 7-4 game.

coach got it right, they won.
Posted Image

#118 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Played good in the first 2 periods but got a little too fancy in the 3rd and was benched, good for him he will learn from it.

#119 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

didn't need to be a factor because we got 7 and Rinne got pulled, one of the hottest goalies so luckily for us. A game where the goalie got beat by 4 but still win is good sometimes too.

i know just surprising all the defending that is going on for him right now because the last stretch of games for Schneider a lot of people on the board pretty much blamed every single goal scored on Schneider and nobody else just stating the obvious

#120 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Yea one of the lowest scoring teams...scores 4 on us at home..vintage Lu :picard:

we scored 4 and one of hottest goalies in the league and he got pulled...but i forgot Rinne is an elite goalie and Lu is not according to fans like
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.