The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Preds 4 - 7 Canucks F - 03.14.13

Jab316

sorry but he had a ok game tonight nowhere near solid looked very shaky at times ya made some key saves but almost gave up the lead at times too was nowhere near a good game for him and even he admits it

i will give credit where credit is due he won us the columbus game but he was a non factor for the most part in this game

to put the shot count in perspective we had 18 shots in the second period against Columbus and ended up squeaking out a SO victory. Shot total doesn't ALWAYS accurately represent the flow of a game.

sorry but he had a ok game tonight nowhere near solid looked very shaky at times ya made some key saves but almost gave up the lead at times too was nowhere near a good game for him and even he admits it

i will give credit where credit is due he won us the columbus game but he was a non factor for the most part in this game

Kassian deserved to be benched tonight. He gave the puck away multiple times. It was just the last two, once in Nashville's end that allowed them to break out and then in their own end, on the same play, that led to that third goal. He's been playing horribly and has looked completely lost out there for a while. I'd love if he turned out to be a skilled power forward, but he hasn't done anything to demonstrate that level of skill or consistency yet. He's a defensive liability without any offensive upside and makes bad decisions with the puck.

He could start improving by learning to skate. His straight line speed and stability is adequate, but his acceleration and, in particular, mobility and agility, are really not NHL level. Guy looks like he's trying to maneuver skis out there most of the time. He gets caught flat footed on a regular basis and just can't keep up with any play that isn't a scrum in a corner or a straight line up-the-ice rush.

I maintain that Edler needs to sit a couple of games. Another horrible game for him while his defensive partner in Bieksa had a tough first game back, too. Luongo looked decent enough, can't fault him too much for the bad bounces, but whatever. Raymond, Hansen, Ebbett, and even Lappiere were energizing tonight. Very fun to watch. And I think Mason is still looking for his jock after that penalty shot goal by Henrik (which really shouldn't even have been).

All-in-all a really entertaining game tonight, even by the officials. Good on everyone!

Archived