Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Jannick as Premier... or Captain?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 hotelierhockey

hotelierhockey

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

What IF we had a revolving "C"... so that the best player from the previous game wears the "C" for the next game. Or at least an "A". Rewards players for "what have you done for me lately" play. Just kidding... of course, "leadership" is based on other things too.... but anyways, sure... let's hear your thoughts!

#2 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

I like the premier idea!
Posted Image

#3 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

What

#4 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

if we had a hard hat/broadway hat/WWE championship belt giveaway to the hardest working player after each and every game like some teams (rangers, coyotes, blackhawks) have then Jannick would have got the honour tonight. in fact, i think he would have earned it in the majority of games this year. he's been the team MVP through 26 games.

#5 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

I don't like the idea of revolving C and A's

But With his age and importance to this team, I could see Hansen being Captain.

Sedins, Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Kesler should all be retiring or on their last contracts around the same time, Maybe give Hansen the C when they all leave. I've seen worse captains talent wise.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#6 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

If the team played half as hard as Hansen does every single shift we would be unstoppable.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#7 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Meh, he doesn't need any belt or hard hat, someone should just toss him a cobra for a snack, I'm sure that'll keep him fired up game after game! ;)

He'd look good with an "A" though, he'd really let his play do the leading.

Edited by g@m3b0i, 14 March 2013 - 11:34 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#8 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

If the team played half as hard as Hansen does every single shift we would be unstoppable.

i love how you can see the effort in his play. it really shows how badly he wants it each and every shift... was especially evident on his goal tonight. the man just would not be denied!

... although on another note, not to be a debbie downer or anything, i did not see any conclusive evidence that that puck actually went in the net. surprised there has not been as much discussion around this ...

#9 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

he just makes it look like everyone else isn't working as hard cause he's so much faster than everyone :bigblush:

#10 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,553 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Makes a mockery of the Captaincy imo

This isn't pee wee hockey where kids need a reward after every good game.

It's important to have one person be recognized at the leader of the team
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#11 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

It's Hanks until he retires.
Posted Image

#12 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,635 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

He is a good player, I dunno if he is leadership material though. He talks funny.
Sig too big.

#13 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

This and a pack of smokes.
Hansen works as hard as any player in the NHL.
He should get an "A" next year. Or sooner. The rest of this team should follow his example and play like every shift is their last.

Edited by Vansicle, 15 March 2013 - 12:20 AM.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#14 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

i love how you can see the effort in his play. it really shows how badly he wants it each and every shift... was especially evident on his goal tonight. the man just would not be denied!

... although on another note, not to be a debbie downer or anything, i did not see any conclusive evidence that that puck actually went in the net. surprised there has not been as much discussion around this ...

The call on the ice was that it did go into the net, which is a fair call since the entire goalie was in the net. The call stood because there was no evidence that the puck was OUTSIDE of the net. Realistically, it would have been really easy to see if it hadn't gone in, because it wouldn't have been underneath Mason if it hadn't gone in.

#15 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

I can't tell if this is a troll thread or not. I also can't tell if the people who responded seriously got trolled, or are trolling themselves.

RIP LB RR PD

#16 hotelierhockey

hotelierhockey

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

I can't tell if this is a troll thread or not. I also can't tell if the people who responded seriously got trolled, or are trolling themselves.

It's a question of how to motivate, reward, spur people. But for the record, am a huge Henrik fan. But Mvp nominations so far could also include 36 & 21!

#17 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

It's a question of how to motivate, reward, spur people. But for the record, am a huge Henrik fan. But Mvp nominations so far could also include 36 & 21!

"spur" people?

Because hansen is a hockey player means he should be premier? I dont understand.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.