Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canuckbeliever

Dan Russel not re-signed by CKNW

84 posts in this topic

How does it work with radio contracts? Does Dan have to work till the end of his contract in August? Or can he just quit his gig now and tell NW he will not return this month?

they keep saying he's sick. So if Dan doesn't return now can they sue him for breach of contract?

How does it work with radio contracts? Does Dan have to work till the end of his contract in August? Or can he just quit his gig now and tell NW he will not return this month?

they keep saying he's sick. So if Dan doesn't return now can they sue him for breach of contract?

All of the CKNW hosts sucks. They are bland and boring. They are not hard nose guys like Jack Webster who took no prisoners and often break stories with scoops.

None of them ask hard questions of their hosts, except for fill in host Mike Smyth. Softball questions by Bill Good and Simi Sara. They never go after their guests.

As for the old fogeys John MCComb and Philip Till, they are awful, never could figure out how they got their jobs. CKNW should sweep those guys out and bring in someone new.

She'll have to wrestle Simi Sara for her old time slot back.

CAT FIGHT!!

Christy won't have a chance at getting her job back as Simi has proved herself to be smart and capable unlike Christy

matt sekeres is the WORST. I LOL so hard when they get Gillis on the show and ask him the most retarded questions of all time. I cannot imagine how badly gillis shutters everytime he is forced to speak with these homo habilus brains.

matt sekeres is the WORST. I LOL so hard when they get Gillis on the show and ask him the most retarded questions of all time. I cannot imagine how badly gillis shutters everytime he is forced to speak with these homo habilus brains.

I totally agree with the guys saying Blake Price seems to enjoy it when the canucks lose. You can hear him grinning. I will say though his assessment of the game is fair though. Just wish he felt some homer pain with the guys listening to his show. David Pratt was always more of a homer. Pratt and Taylor was a better show than B-mac and taylor. Their constant giggling gets on my nerves. Pratt's show needs to be put head to head with b-mac ad Taylor. The 7pm start means i rarely listen. As for Dan he was the only show in town for years. He has always railed on the Canucks. He and Tony G. Now when I look back I realize they were dead on right. Still have my homer glasses on looking forward but they come off looking back. Best of Luck to Dan in his future ventures. He had a great run.

I totally agree with the guys saying Blake Price seems to enjoy it when the canucks lose. You can hear him grinning. I will say though his assessment of the game is fair though. Just wish he felt some homer pain with the guys listening to his show. David Pratt was always more of a homer. Pratt and Taylor was a better show than B-mac and taylor. Their constant giggling gets on my nerves. Pratt's show needs to be put head to head with b-mac ad Taylor. The 7pm start means i rarely listen. As for Dan he was the only show in town for years. He has always railed on the Canucks. He and Tony G. Now when I look back I realize they were dead on right. Still have my homer glasses on looking forward but they come off looking back. Best of Luck to Dan in his future ventures. He had a great run.

Looks like Dan Russell is still on the air?

So who or what will take Dan Russell's spot? Sports talk with another host or different programming?

So who or what will take Dan Russell's spot? Sports talk with another host or different programming?

Bring on the Pratt, like him or hate him, he's phenomenally more entertaining than bitter old, way past his prime (if he ever had one to begin with) Dan Russell.

^the foremost problem with Dan, was how butthurt and sour he got towards the organization primarily after the team 1040 got the radio rights to the canucks

^the foremost problem with Dan, was how butthurt and sour he got towards the organization primarily after the team 1040 got the radio rights to the canucks

I've been listening to Dan for years and have seen him go from having a fun and entertaining sorts radio show to one in which he was overly critical and bitter. When the team was going to the finals in 2011 and after having its best regular seasons he was at his worst. Good riddance.

He was sour when they passed him over for Jim Hughson and then eventually John Shorthouse. This goes way back before Team1040. Even with that, I still liked listening to his show. He can be very anti canuck, but who cares. When you listen to Team1040, it's all a bunch of cheer leaders.