The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Russel not re-signed by CKNW

canuckbeliever

YES!!!! Finally he's done. This guy blocked me on Twitter cause he couldn't handle the truth, and then Jason Botchford owned him on Twitter the night the lockout ended, the two have gone at it before. I hate him, he never compliments the Canucks, almost like he's sour still that the Canucks left his sorry ass for Team 1040, and that he never got the play by play position for the Canucks either, thankgod! Have you heard this clown do a WHL game? He is so horrible! Haha this is awesome news

9pm-12am, is there still anybody listening?

In recent years, Team 1040 has completely removed syndicated programming from their schedule and now have their own shows/hosts from 6am to 12am nightly.

David Pratt is on 7-9pm just as the Eastern games have ended. Is there really anything left for Russell to talk about by the time his show comes on?

I'm so glad he's gone.

He was let go in the first place. I'm not even sure why he was brought back. to be honest. He's just too much of a party kill. Who the hell says

"why are the fans so happy about this win? It's not like they will remember it in a month from now."

Are you f in kidding me? This guy is a total douche bag, who had it coming. I to do not want someone that is always positive about the Canucks, someone who is honest, is fine, but for him, it's just negative negative negative negative negative negative. Rarely any positives about the team. This turd had it coming. I stopped listening to the show when he was hired, he's just terrible. He was fired in the place, brought back, and now gone again, I hope he's gone for good.

Woo Hoo. Happy days are here again! Well I guess not exactly happy with Pratt as replacement, but compared to Dan "the man" things are looking up at NW. I can actually have a reason to listen.

Dan's a sniveling pompous self-centered defensive jerk. The worst possible host for a talk radio program. Listening to his varied producers have to cow tow to his every opinion made me gag. I stopped listening, except very occasionally, for years. The way he'd berate callers who had a different take than he did, only after he had cut them off and hung up of course like a cowardly weasel, was pathetic.

He was so wrong on the demise of the CFL as well. Gloating about how the league was colapsing and wouldn't last another year. When things turned around he just pretended he never said anything about it. He always was small minded twerp, but when the Canucks went to 1040 he became downright unbearable in his resentment with false accusations about 1040 not being critical on the Canucks. I listen to 1040 and I hear questions posed every day on players and coaches and management.

He's a whiny little #%&* who goes on and on sometimes about some really dumb unfunny joke he made up, usually ones at the expense of someone else, making his young yes-man producer force himself to play along.

Next time I'll tell you how I really feel. ;)

To say the TEAM 1040 has gone down hill is a massive understatement.

Jason Botchford? Matt Sekeres? Paul Chapman? Who the hell figured these guys would make good sports-talk radio? The criteria to be a host on 1040 is simple, be bland, have horrible takes and most importantly suck up to the Canucks.

If I were team 1040, I would sign Russel to a short term deal and give him an evening show. Team 1040 has struggled to have a good evening show since the channels inception, I doubt Russel could do any worse than anything the Team has tried in the past.

I use to love listening to this guy in the 90s as a teenager. A lot of people my age use to listen to his show before the go to sleep and then wake up for school. He was a great interviewer and always called a spade a spade. Then after losing out to Hughson and Shorthouse to be the play by play guy for the Canucks, he seemed to be really irritated. I'm not a fan of pom pom waving that the Team1040 does these days, but Russell just seemed to take shots at the Canucks every chance he gets. He got more and more bitter. I wish him well. I always wanted to see a Russell and Pratt show. So much ego on there that it would be entertaining, but I knew it would never happen.

9pm-12am, is there still anybody listening?

In recent years, Team 1040 has completely removed syndicated programming from their schedule and now have their own shows/hosts from 6am to 12am nightly.

David Pratt is on 7-9pm just as the Eastern games have ended. Is there really anything left for Russell to talk about by the time his show comes on?

Archived