The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Russel not re-signed by CKNW

canuckbeliever

I have unfortunately.

Botchford is the worst sports "journalist" I have witnessed. It's one thing to offer poor insight and be overly cynical but Botchford goes completely beyond that.

He made up the story about Gaborik buying a house in Vancouver a couple years back and was never taking to task about it. He also attacked Getzlaf on Studs and Duds about a year ago regarding Getzlaf missing the birth of his son to play hockey down the stretch. Whether you agree with him or not a player's personal life should not be fodder for Botchford to boost his status.

The guy is scum and the only reason he has a job with TSN and Team 1040 because he knows the right people to suck up to.

In August 2008, I believe he said Mats Sundin would sign within a week. I find him entertaining to listen to, and he is very opinionated. When he becomes upset, much like when Bure was passed over by the Hockey Hall of Fame voting committee in 2011, it's great to listen to. His energy made listening to the TEAM in the afternoon great.

Barry MacDonald is a great morning show personality. He's boring, but people can tolerate that when they've just woken up. In the afternoon, especially with Taylor, he can put listeners to sleep. The TEAM's 2007 lineup was its best, in my opinion: BMac and Rintoul in the morning, The Rick Ball Show at noon, Pratt and Taylor in the afternoon, and The Black Price Show in the evening.

In August 2008, I believe he said Mats Sundin would sign within a week. I find him entertaining to listen to, and he is very opinionated. When he becomes upset, much like when Bure was passed over by the Hockey Hall of Fame voting committee in 2011, it's great to listen to. His energy made listening to the TEAM in the afternoon great.

All of the CKNW hosts sucks. They are bland and boring. They are not hard nose guys like Jack Webster who took no prisoners and often break stories with scoops.

None of them ask hard questions of their hosts, except for fill in host Mike Smyth. Softball questions by Bill Good and Simi Sara. They never go after their guests.

As for the old fogeys John MCComb and Philip Till, they are awful, never could figure out how they got their jobs. CKNW should sweep those guys out and bring in someone new.

Dan Russell hasn't been back on the air since he was let go. Tonight he's not on and the excuse being given that he's still sick. He's not sick, he's not returning. Tell the truth.

Not classy to not let him address his listeners one more time.

Was he told to not return to the station? Did he clean out his office?

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Sportstalk+host+Russell+CKNW/8105645/story.html#ixzz2NebkfiQ9

Agreed bear2. I hope the Team signs him for a short period and gives him an evening show. I think Russel would have less pressure there and maybe be happier. When Russel is on his game he is still one of the best radio hosts in BC.

Brian Burke got Dan fired in the past until Dan kissed butt and got his job back.

He turned into a bitter, negative host when he didn't get the play by play job as was stated in this forum previously , it was pretty obvious when Pratt was hired he would talk over I'm sure Dan was looking over his shoulder.

I wish him well I've listened to his show for years.

She'll have to wrestle Simi Sara for her old time slot back.

CAT FIGHT!!

Christy won't have a chance at getting her job back as Simi has proved herself to be smart and capable unlike Christy

All of the CKNW hosts sucks. They are bland and boring. They are not hard nose guys like Jack Webster who took no prisoners and often break stories with scoops.

None of them ask hard questions of their hosts, except for fill in host Mike Smyth. Softball questions by Bill Good and Simi Sara. They never go after their guests.

As for the old fogeys John MCComb and Philip Till, they are awful, never could figure out how they got their jobs. CKNW should sweep those guys out and bring in someone new.

How does it work with radio contracts? Does Dan have to work till the end of his contract in August? Or can he just quit his gig now and tell NW he will not return this month?

they keep saying he's sick. So if Dan doesn't return now can they sue him for breach of contract?

How does it work with radio contracts? Does Dan have to work till the end of his contract in August? Or can he just quit his gig now and tell NW he will not return this month?

they keep saying he's sick. So if Dan doesn't return now can they sue him for breach of contract?

Archived