The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ballard vs. Alberts

Canucks9

Is it just me or does it not make sense that when Ballard plays, he has around 16/17 minutes of icetime, but when Alberts plays, he plays only 11/12 minutes a game (prior to last game).

Why does AV gas our other dmen, with playing Alberts, when he can play Ballard and rest some of our other dmen?

Is it just me or does it not make sense that when Ballard plays, he has around 16/17 minutes of icetime, but when Alberts plays, he plays only 11/12 minutes a game (prior to last game).

Why is AV dumb enough to gas our other dmen, with playing Alberts, when he can play Ballard and rest some of our other dmen?

Why is AV dumb enough to gas our other dmen, with playing Alberts, when he can play Ballard and rest some of our other dmen?

Yes, Andrew Alberts plays physical and will deck forwards that get too close to our goaltender in front of the net, but he's so easy to beat one-on-one on the rush. So many times the opposition just pulls an inside-outside move and they are behind him to bust towards the net.

I like the physical element that Alberts brings, he took Dorsett out for the rest of the season with a clean hit, and there have been numerous other occasions as well where Alberts has shown that he can use his physicality to his advantage. He's slow though and often gets beat 1 on 1 chasing pucks, and I noticed he pinches too much in the O zone and sometimes he gets caught out of position.

No question Ballard was one of our best d-men for the first 20 games this year, there has to be some legit reason AV is benching him whether it be some personal vendetta or something

Archived