The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value of Roy and ott

I'm really interested in acquiring Derek Roy, but I don't want to give up Raymond's rights in the deal. I was surprised when Bob Mackenzie said Roy has a possibility to get traded to Van...I just don't know what we'd give up. He's a UFA and Dallas might not make the playoffs so his value is pretty low. A couple picks or possibly Booth+ could get a deal done. I have a feeling Roy and Kesler would work really well together because Roy is a slick playmaker and Kes knows how to get into the open ice.

interesting thread seeing how they were just traded for eachother last July.

there are reports that Roy's agent is attempting to negotiate something long term in big D. Im sure Dallas will listen to offers, but negotiations over the next few weeks may determine whether he gets traded... Could be a nice add, also considering he's playing for a contract, a big playoff would mean a big payoff.

Ott is the better of the two additions for the playoff drive imo, (119 hits and 13 pts in 27 games so far) and he's signed through next season aswell, but I'm not sure the Canucks have what the Sabers want since they've already gone out of their way to trade away skill for grit, and the Canucks dont have much in the way of grit to part with. I just dont see a fit for Buffalo here.

Last year Gaustad got Buffalo a first?

Isn't both Roy and Morrow a little better...

Roy and Morrow are both pending UFAs, so to give up our top 2 picks and add two players to the deal isn't great. We'd have to get something back in case we don't re-sign them.

Archived