The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] "Tampa Bay Puts Adam Hall On Waivers" (TSN)

Hey Canuck Fans,

Adam Hall #18 - C/RW

Tampa Bay

• DOB: 1980/08/14

• POB: Kalamazoo, MI

• Height: 6-3 Weight: 213lbs

• Shoots: R

• NHL Seasons: 9

• Drafted by Nashville in 1999 (2/52).

• Current Status: On roster

What do you think of this player that available for the Canucks to grab. His stats are not to exciting but he has size and is a righty. His salary is $650,000. Not to bad at all. But I am not Mike Gillis. I am just throwing this out there and it could be an option for the team.

As for FA Kellen Lain..Go and get him Mike Gillis. A 6'6 center would sure do it.

Go Canucks Go :canucks:

Cheers.. :towel:

Claim?

Really no prominent risk. Great back up plan if a trade for a third line center doesn't happen. Lapierre and Hall can split time as the bottom six centers.

...but why is he being waived? Both Pyatt and Lecavalier are down.

...and why is he playing wing? He kills it in draws?

On second thought this seems a little weird, pass.

Claim?

Really no prominent risk. Great back up plan if a trade for a third line center doesn't happen. Lapierre and Hall can split time as the bottom six centers.

...but why is he being waived? Both Pyatt and Lecavalier are down.

...and why is he playing wing? He kills it in draws?

On second thought this seems a little weird, pass.

i think we have some injury concerns with guys on this team so if we can get a claim on hall i would go for it. watched a few of tampas games earlier in the year and i thought he was a good role player, certainly NHL caliber. Maybe something has changed since but i like the idea of grabbing him and sending sestito or ebbett down. maybe try and flip a lefty defenseman for a pick.

Now that i wrote all that i dont see him being claimed by us.. <_<

I think he'd be an upgrade over Sestito, particularly if we want a fourth line that moves the puck from d to ozone.

Hall was 59.5% last year and is 56.4% this year in the faceoff circle.

He gets only 11.7% offensive zone starts which is actually significantly less than even Malhotra was getting - so expecting more than 4 assists from him is highly unrealistic. Fairly similar underlying numbers to Malhotra - Hall's ozone finishes are 30% higher than starts. A little more than half the cap hit of Steckel...

I'd probably claim him and waive Sestito despite the fact he'd be our third right handed fourth line center (with a healthy lineup I consider Lappy a fourth line center). I'd rather have another depth center who can win faceoffs...

For the 4th line, Hall is an upgrade on what the Canucks have currently. Depending on which player's "gifts" are seen as more valuable (or whose negatives are less glaring), Hall could replace either Weise or Sestito.

To add to the stats already mentioned, here's some more data on Hall (EDIT: from 2012-13 5v5 stats):

While he's on the ice, Hall's team only scores a meager 0.499 goals per 20 minutes (GF20) but they only give up a stingy 0.249 GA20. That puts Hall's GF% at 0.667 (meaning that 66.7% of all the goals scored while Hall is on the ice are goals-for). When Hall is playing, the opposition averages a shooting percentage of only 2.60%. When you take Hall off the ice, his linemates score more often (0.827 GF20) but they also give up a lot more goals (0.897 GA20), which suggests that he's the key factor in the strong defensive numbers (but also a bit of a "black hole" on offense--which can be forgiven, considering his zone starts and how he's used in general). He scores quite well on hockeyanalysis.com's rating system (HARO, HARD, HART) with the best HARD (defensive rating) on the team (63.1) and the 3rd highest HART (total: offense+defense) on the team (18.2).

Hall compared to Sestito and Weise:

Hall: 0.499 GF20, 0.249 GA20, 0.667 GF%, 2.60 OppShooting%, 63.1 HARD, 18.2 HART

Sestito: 0.518 GF20, 1.036 GA20, 0.333 GF%, 12.50 OppShooting%, -41.7 HARD, -32.9 HART

Weise: 0.281 GF20, 0.657 GA20, 0.300 GF%, 7.87 OppShooting%, 24.5 HARD, -18.9 HART

One final point: Hall's 0.667 GF% would put him at 4th on the Canucks, behind only Henrik, Daniel, and Burrows (0.774, 0.769, and 0.714 respectively).

(all stats from Stats.HockeyAnalysis.com)

TBL ratings/stats: http://stats.hockeya...nutes=50&disp=1

Canucks ratings/stats: http://stats.hockeya...CT&sortdir=DESC

Hey Canuck Fans,

Adam Hall #18 - C/RW

Tampa Bay

• DOB: 1980/08/14

• POB: Kalamazoo, MI

• Height: 6-3 Weight: 213lbs

• Shoots: R

• NHL Seasons: 9

• Drafted by Nashville in 1999 (2/52).

• Current Status: On roster

What do you think of this player that available for the Canucks to grab. His stats are not to exciting but he has size and is a righty. His salary is $650,000. Not to bad at all. But I am not Mike Gillis. I am just throwing this out there and it could be an option for the team.

As for FA Kellen Lain..Go and get him Mike Gillis. A 6'6 center would sure do it.

Go Canucks Go :canucks:

Cheers.. :towel:

Archived