The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lil Wayne in critical condition

AriGold

The "death of your cousin" (please note the scare quotes, and please interpret their meaning as you see fit) IS related to Lil Wayne in that his death is the result of his attempt to emulate Lil Wayne. Nobody is denying that. What people are denying is that Lil Wayne has a responsibility to your cousin, simply because he's young and impressionable. He doesn't.

Every adult has a responsibility in this life to act within the guidelines of the law and conduct themselves in a way that supports that. This crosses that line. Mixing pharmaceuticals that are intended for medical use in order to use them recreationally isn't within the law. Advertising it as something cool is false advertising.

So he does have a responsibility to conduct himself as a law abiding citizen, no? Not specifically directed "to" Shane or other children - but present nonetheless. So don't ignore that. Or is the fact that he makes horrible music as a bi-product enough to let him off the hook? Because it's art? I can sing about going out and kicking grandmothers in the shins but if I do it, it's a whole other ballgame.

And while he's playing Russian roulette to generate album sales, what if the situation arose where someone's child needed the ambulance that was dispatched to him? Had to wait until it dropped off his sorry butt to hospital. He chose the route there....maybe a cancer victim missed out on their ride? Just saying, this is possible fallout from being selfishly involved in these games. So that's cool too, if something like that were to happen? Just showing you that it isn't as cool as it's being presented and could have all kinds of repercussions that don't just involve the selfish players.

And surprise surprise, his new album drops in a week and a half. Well timed publicity stunt. Garbage.

Again, whether you're in the LW camp or not, show sensitivity to a fellow member who has just experienced a tragic death in the family. No argument you present will justify being insensitive and heartless. Sure, defend your stance but do so wearing the shoes of someone in obvious pain.

I disagree that LW music is considered 'advertising'. It's all a relative matter of opinion really. Just because a person is famous they are not bound to any sort of morals that portray themselves in a specific way to the public. Music is really just an extension of who an artist is and much relates to their life. Telling someone because theyre famous now they have to live by YOUR standards and morals doesnt make any sense.

With a very young and impressionable youth the responsibility of their upbringing rests solely on the childs family. Parents should be actively involved and know what their child is up to, at least until the child is old enough and better prepared to deal with life's challenges on their own.

I also don't by the 'parents can't always watch their kids'. To me that's just an excuse. My single parent on two jobs would always find a way to locate me or know where I was and what I was doing. Even when I wasn't honest with my mother she would find a way. Two parents should be able to handle it. Obviously nothing is perfect and there will always be exceptions.

So your parents sat beside you at school? I'm sure that went over well with your peers. I've been a single parent for years and none was as involved as I have been....I guarantee that. But kids find ways around these things. The fact that you were dishonest with your Mom supports that ...you obviously found a way around her at some point, so it wasn't foolproof and air tight as you're suggesting. And your Mom figured it out...I commend that she was hands on and on top of it.

Thing is, the world is ever changing and you can "prepare" your kids all you want but then something "new and improved" is presented that you haven't covered. Like this crap. So your Mom and Dad prepared you for sizzwhateveritis? I doubt it. Even parents totally on top of their game will be somewhat out of the loop...unless you put your kid in a bubble and don't allow them to experience the world.

Again - the lyrics...fine, whatever. But he acted them out and that's sending the wrong message. Sing about Strawberry Fields and being a walrus or whatever the hell you want. If you go out into the street as a walrus, you're likely not going to be well received.

Well Deb, I couldn't disagree more about LW, but I'm not even going to bother with that anymore. Agree to disagree

I am curious though, is there some sort of rule that I must show sensitivity towards other posters? I'm not trolling him, I'm not even really talking to him. But now I'll talk ABOUT him: SHM has been making up stories on CDC for years. The guy does nothing but lie, yet people still give him the reaction he looks for. He's broken about three rules in this thread alone, but he's off the hook because of a 'death' in his family -- and we are supposed to just take the abuse?

I cannot feel sorry for someone who regularly makes up lies on here to corral sympathy from other posters. Even if his cousin's 'death' is true, it's like a boy who cried wolf for me.

There are rules about trolling and spamming. "LOL" with nothing further in a post is spam. I removed that one. So you've all benefited, to some degree, from leniency in this thread.

Worry about your actions and let the mods decide the rest - we're on it. This post of yours, alone, breaks rules because it's calling out the mod actions and there are provisions for that, as you well know. And why don't we save the trouble for everyone in shutting it down?

No need to give this guy any further free advertising anyhow because the topic is no longer applicable and it's simply going around in circles now. Dude is "fine" and tweeting in confirmation of that. For him, life goes on, so obviously, nothing more to see here.

To those questioning (further) as to why the thread was closed: it's gotten ugly fast and isn't worth salvaging.

Archived