The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Republican Defends Slavery At Minority Outreach Panel: It Gave ‘Food And Shelter’ To Blacks

Wetcoaster

My actual experiences as an a black person who's travelled extensively through the U.S. and works every day with a wide cross section of Americans.

My part of the family wouldn't even be in this country if we didn't have our land seized by DixieKKKrats.

Come to think of it, I've met my fair share of Liberal and NDP racists in Canada too.

My actual experiences as an a black person who's travelled extensively through the U.S. and works every day with a wide cross section of Americans.

My part of the family wouldn't even be in this country if we didn't have our land seized by DixieKKKrats.

Come to think of it, I've met my fair share of Liberal and NDP racists in Canada too.

Well...as a person of mixed background who lives in the most racist part of the south...ok the second most racist..to Mississippi...I can assure you that most of the people who live in the South who are racist assholes are not Democrats. You want proof...look at how the South has voted since the 1980s. You want to define "voting bloc"? Cross the Mason-Dixon line. Maryland has voted blue...everyone south of Maryland has been red for at least as long as I remember.

Really dumb statement there by republicans. The blacks already had food and shelter in Africa. The good thing slavery did was get some of those blacks OUT of Africa. I'm pretty sure most of the blacks aren't too keen in going back 'home' anytime soon lol. Hell I think if I was black I would be pretty damn happy to be in North America now. :P

There are PLENTY of NDP folks who voted that way because of labor, environmental and womens issues etc, or for the handouts basically, and see immigrants or certain ethnic groups as a threat to those.

Others vote the way they do because that's the way their family or neighborhood has always voted, regardless of their actual political views, basically it takes all kinds, and that's even more true of big tent parties like the RNC and DNC.

There are PLENTY of NDP folks who voted that way because of labor, environmental and womens issues etc, or for the handouts basically, and see immigrants or certain ethnic groups as a threat to those.

Others vote the way they do because that's the way their family or neighborhood has always voted, regardless of their actual political views, basically it takes all kinds, and that's even more true of big tent parties like the RNC and DNC.

This is what happens when you dumb down the population through propaganda. If you consistently hurt education systems and pump people full of stupid ideas you want them to think, this is the result.. It may have gotten you votes and won elections at the time but overall the intelligence level and common sense of the average citizen takes a huge step back.. This guy is not just an ignorant asshole, he's asking a real question to the Republican Party as to why equal segregation won't work? His life leading up to today has built up the idea in his head that this can really work for his country. It was probably some beat up and twisted around crap that came out of one politicians mouth years ago to hold votes in a southern area. Now they don't even know how to respond to it because they were so full of crap saying it in the first place.

Just watch in 20yrs some idiot will stand up at a convention and say "What's wrong with rape anyways, a women's body won't let her get pregnant if its a legit rape"

Odd how you never hear of a Democrat being this purposefully obtuse and downright ignorant either isn't it? I don't really care which party had this mentality in the 1950s...I said that the Republicans TODAY have the bigoted, ignorant 1950's mentality...and I was spot on. I'm not a fan of EITHER party...so I have no idea where the "liberal media or Partisan Democratic media" quip came from. All media, whether it be conservative or liberal..are full of **** and everything that any of them say should be taken with a grain of salt...and most times even less than that. Media sensationalizes and overhypes just damn near about everything...regardless of what the issue is. This however is a very sensitive topic and this mouthbreathing idiot should have kept his blowhole shut. Bottom line.

It's not interesting at all. Noone disputes that the Dems were racist back then. The question is why are Republicans racist today? I find a lot of faults with the media these days but none of them include "why aren't there more stories about racism in 1950 on the evening news?" You're adding to the stereotype that Repubs live in the past.

It was Reagan who stolen the Angry White and Southern vote from the Democrats, just as Lyndon "I'll have those nggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years" Johnson, the filthy reptile, who stole the Black vote from the Republicans.

Catering to those demographics was a winning choice on the Republican's part in the '80s, but its really hurting them today, especially as they've failed to appeal in a lasting fashion to other major nonwhite ethnic blocs, with the exception of Florida Cubans.

I'm not a supporter of the Republican Party. That party is a Joke. My issue is with the vast majority of people who don't realize that the 2 party system in the United States is a false dichotomy, when in actual fact the parties operate nearly identically.

Robert Byrd was a U.S. senator until 2010. It is very telling that somehow he as a former Ku-Klux-Klan leader was beloved by Democrats and the Partisan Democratic Media, while any hint of racism in the Republican Party was and is immediately jumped on.

Archived