The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why are we celebrating a cup win by another team?

Nuckedup

Everyone seems to be so into this idea of celebrating the Millionaires tonight but I just don't get it. Let's be honest, if the Canucks had not failed in each of their trips to the final there is no way we eould be celebrating a cup victory by another franchise. Other than being from Vancouver the Millionaires have no connection whatsoever to the Canucks, hell they didn't even play in the same league. How many Islanders or Sabres fans did you remember celebrating the Rangers victory in '94? The answer is none, because the Rangers are an entirely different franchise and being in the same city or state as a championship winning team does not earn you any bragging rights if your team was not the one that won. Crazier still is the fact that the Millionaires were not even the last team from BC to win the cup, in fact, that honor goes to out OPPONENTS in tonights game, who were originally the Victoria Cougars and won the cup in1925 before moving to Detroit and becoming the Detroit Cougars and later the Red Wings. I think celebrating futility as we are tonight is pathetic and there is no reason to embrace all the years of failure by the Canucks and celebrate a cup by another franchise nearly a century ago. If there was ever a good reason to riot it would be to boycott this stupid celebration of failure tonight.

I hope not to offend anyone, I'm just sick of this organizations attempts to cover up and hide how much this team has failed in the past while doing next to nothing to make us better in the future.

Enjoy the game!

"How many Islanders or Sabres fans did you remember celebrating the Rangers victory in '94?"

How is that even relevant? 3 different teams. Should the Maple Leafs celebrate any of their cups when there were only 6 teams in the playoffs?

Everyone seems to be so into this idea of celebrating the Millionaires tonight but I just don't get it. Let's be honest, if the Canucks had not failed in each of their trips to the final there is no way we eould be celebrating a cup victory by another franchise. Other than being from Vancouver the Millionaires have no connection whatsoever to the Canucks, hell they didn't even play in the same league. How many Islanders or Sabres fans did you remember celebrating the Rangers victory in '94? The answer is none, because the Rangers are an entirely different franchise and being in the same city or state as a championship winning team does not earn you any bragging rights if your team was not the one that won. Crazier still is the fact that the Millionaires were not even the last team from BC to win the cup, in fact, that honor goes to out OPPONENTS in tonights game, who were originally the Victoria Cougars and won the cup in1925 before moving to Detroit and becoming the Detroit Cougars and later the Red Wings. I think celebrating futility as we are tonight is pathetic and there is no reason to embrace all the years of failure by the Canucks and celebrate a cup by another franchise nearly a century ago. If there was ever a good reason to riot it would be to boycott this stupid celebration of failure tonight.

I hope not to offend anyone, I'm just sick of this organizations attempts to cover up and hide how much this team has failed in the past while doing next to nothing to make us better in the future.

Enjoy the game!

Archived