The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why are we celebrating a cup win by another team?

Nuckedup

I understand that. That's why I included the Rangers/Islanders/Sabres analogy. Being in the same city, state or province as a championship team doesn't mean we should celebrate their victory as if it were our own. No other fans in the league celebrate the accomplishments of any team besides their own. Why do we?

i get what your trying to say , but I think you might be taking the whole thing too seriously .. I dont know about everyone else .. I think its really cool to honour some city history and maybe it will pump up the crowd and team .. Im excited to see how cool they look !!

Bottom line, you thought the jerseys or w/e were about celebrating the Millionaires cup win, which is what the title of this thread suggests. You now know you're wrong and you're trying so valiantly to defend yourself by stating analogies that don't make sense and other things, and it's making me laugh

Is not like the Canucks put on an LA Kings jersey and pretend they won the cup... what's wrong with celebrating and letting some fans (like myself) who don't know much about the millionaires to learn about some history of hockey in Vancouver? Is just one night man

Archived