The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Euro Trip Starting April

kacholu

So I'm going to Europe in April and backpacking my way through it. What would be the countries to visit with good weather in April?

Also I had some questions if anyone can help me with:

1.Which countries should I avoid since I am traveling alone?

2.Any websites for cheap plane tickets such as Raynair ( not sure what its called exactly)?

3.Any must see places that I absolutely visit?

4.Are hostils safe enough?

5.What should I pack and what quantity?

6.Any free travelles guide/tips websites?

7. Which countries are the best for younger generation?

8. Is it at all safe to go to Eastern Europe?

I would be most greatful if you guys can help me answer some of this.

Also as a fun game, feel free to suggest a mission for me. Like taking a picture with some famous building in Rome, or putting a Canucks hat on a statue, etcc

I think I need a little mission to make it a bit more exciting.

april is allways an unsafe month if its about weather

we could have +20°...anyways we could have 5° storm, rain...snow

france, spain , italy , germany, united kingdom, netherlands, belgium , denmark, ireland are allwys nice to travell

also skandinavia..but there it could be still cold

eastern europe is partly dangerous from what i have read...bulgaria, romania, etc

slovakia, hungary , czech republic are better but i wouldnt call them save at all

same with former sovjet countrys

1. Countries to avoid its a matter of preference, as long as you don't do anything stupid and don't make yourself look like a cocky tourist (being flashy with cash etc etc) you should be fine but check a travel agent first.

2. For cheap tickets go to a travel agent there (found awesome deals)

3. I have traveled around Europe and to most of these places. United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France ( if you don't know French don't go! They will treat you like crap), Spain, Netherlands, Austria, Sweden, if you love to ski Switzerland so worth it, Belgium, Denmark, Czech Republic and Turkey ( a must if you love buying brand name stuff that is REAL in the backroom so to speak ::D, just to go to the bazaar).

4. Hostels are generally safe, again do your research here.

5. As for packing its common sense, just check the weather during the time period you are going and the amount of time you will be gone for. Also bring some basic first aid supplies in case you may need them to save you the hassle of trying to find a place for such supplies. Real time saver.

6. Pick up travel guides at your local book store/airport and ask a travel agent.

7. Countries listed in answer 3.

8. Eastern Europe is decent but not as safe as the countries mentioned above aside from Czech Republic.

Hope this helps.

Sweet stuff.

My friends and I are going for 5 weeks in July and August. Doing a round circle from Germany -> Italy -> Spain -> France -> Belgium(Tomorrowland) -> Holland -> Germany.

Got some help in a thread I made a few months ago check it out: /topic/336539-backpacking-europe/page__hl__backpacking">http://forum.canucks...hl__backpacking

I booked a few Hostels in advance so when we're in the major cities we'll have good places to stay. Otherwise we plan on night training.

Definitely check out Croatia, Hungary and Czech Republic. Eastern Europe is starting to become a haven for young people with great night scene. In general its very safe everywhere. Just like here in North America, there are sketchy places but its easy to avoid them. Just watch your wallet.

Travelling Europe will boil down to what you want to see and experience. What are your likes/interests ? Are you a person who enjoys historical places ? Castles ? Nature ? nightlife ? Do you want to see the typical touristy spots or do you like to go off the beaten path ? Can you speak or understand any other languages? What kind of budget are you on ?

The cheap airline you were thinking about is called Ryanair.......... http://www.ryanair.com/en

Watch out for hidden costs with them ( paying for luggage, paying for checking in, etc) but they have some great deals.

Airberlin, Easyjet are a couple other cheaper airlines that fly around different countries in Europe.

Check out last minute hotel sites as well...... I found myself paying $30-40 for a nice hotel by using those sites.

So I'm going to Europe in April and backpacking my way through it. What would be the countries to visit with good weather in April?

Also I had some questions if anyone can help me with:

1.Which countries should I avoid since I am traveling alone?

2.Any websites for cheap plane tickets such as Raynair ( not sure what its called exactly)?

3.Any must see places that I absolutely visit?

4.Are hostils safe enough?

5.What should I pack and what quantity?

6.Any free travelles guide/tips websites?

7. Which countries are the best for younger generation?

8. Is it at all safe to go to Eastern Europe?

I would be most greatful if you guys can help me answer some of this.

Also as a fun game, feel free to suggest a mission for me. Like taking a picture with some famous building in Rome, or putting a Canucks hat on a statue, etcc

I think I need a little mission to make it a bit more exciting.

Thanks everyone! All the information is really helpful and one of my friends said to put up a Canadian flag on my bag or something so people treat me better. Is that true?

I will be going for three months so I think I will come back to the North in June!

Archived