The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Euro Trip Starting April

kacholu

europe is fun. i have been in poland , germany, and holland. i'd love to see italy someday and always wanted to see monte carlo because of the f1 racing there and a cool history in the older james bond movies. travelling is awesome regardless if its alone or in a group, the key is to explore and get away from it all.

I backpacked europe for 3 months before My buddy and I got separated due to me waiting for cash in Gibralter and we went to Morocco on diff days alone. We both got robbed. Me in Fez in front of the train station and my buddy in Tangiers. The cops there are useless and completely corrupt. They dont even bother trying to hide it in the slightest. They will let a guy rob you in front of them as long as they get a piece.

The point is Morocco sucks. Except Marrakesh is cool.

April can be sketchy for weather. Stay south nearer the Med like Italy, Greece, Spain, portugal, French riviera if you are at all concerned about it.

The NY Times budget travel page is a must for anyone going anywhere on a budget. Its here: http://travel.nytime...t/overview.html

and the book to take "Rick Steve's Europe through the back door" 2013 edition. We had that book, we used it every single day.

If you are in Paris at all let me know! Haha, thats where I am living right now. I don`t know if you are still planning your trip, but it is called Ryanair, another cheap one is Easyjet. Trains arent as cheap here as they used to be, so I heard, but there are lots of cheap options for busing. IDbus, and Megabus are two good ones to look up, IDbus even has internet on it, and they are very comfortable. As for travelling alone it should be fine, especially if you are a guy. No worse I think than North America. Any other questions feel free to ask!

If you are in Paris at all let me know! Haha, thats where I am living right now. I don`t know if you are still planning your trip, but it is called Ryanair, another cheap one is Easyjet. Trains arent as cheap here as they used to be, so I heard, but there are lots of cheap options for busing. IDbus, and Megabus are two good ones to look up, IDbus even has internet on it, and they are very comfortable. As for travelling alone it should be fine, especially if you are a guy. No worse I think than North America. Any other questions feel free to ask!

I'm actually going to Paris next week. My flight is suppose to land very late at night so I was wondering can I still get around with the buses at night? Some cities don't have buses or should I just sleep in the airport? Or maybe you can pick me up? ( hahaha joking, that's wishful thinking)

In terms of traveling alone, I would say do it. It's amazing if you stay at hostels. There are so many great people to meet. I'm on my trip now and I met many people and become friends with. Sure it gets lonely at times but even that teaches you a lesson about life. If you need anything else just let me know.

Archived