The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Kellan Lain

"good" is different from person to person. Some see good as the logical role he'll end up in, others expect him to be a great player purely because of his size.

If you expect him to develop in the A for a while, then maybe grow into a 4th line center role, then yes it is a good signing. If you expect him to bolster the prospect pool in a large way, or be any sort of answer to a current problem, then prepare to be disappointed.

Good thing we have CDC to let us know everytime we sign a free agent that he's not going to be our first line centre one day. God forbid we might discuss a guy with Gaustad potential sometimes.

Find one person who misinterpreted this signing as a future top 6 star.. there isn't one. It has nothing to with a different persons perspective on how much skill he has, it's the misinterpretation of every deal having to directly impact the Canucks starting lineup on the day it's made.

These contracts start next season - so do not count against the 50 contract limit for this year. ( I don't know the exact date but I believe March 10 was the that next year ELC's could be signed)

Blomstrand and Lain will sign ATO's with the Chicago Wolves for the remainder of this season to ensure that their contract doesn't count towards this year

Next year - the Canucks had 26 contracts + Blomstrand + Lain = Thus we are sitting at 28 for next season.

I'm expecting fast to mean fast and slow to mean slow. 'Fast for his size' is a totally worthless assessment. Sestito is not fast. He's barely NHL-qualified. If this guy is slower, then there's a good chance that he'll never be an NHLer, despite being 'fast... for his size.'

Doan isn't there best player either.

And I would say Hanzal > Doan.

OEL is there best player.

I don't think Sestito is that slow, seems to have good wheels for his size actually. Maybe you are expecting a bit too much.

Archived