The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Kellan Lain

Alright, then Sestito is average. I guess by that metric, if you like to compare guys like Raymond to 220+ pound guys like Sestito and Lain. Then Lain and Sestito are average.

Although the "good for his size" is a comparison against other players his size.

A rental is all we really need, and if they could all be had for the same price (Putting rental/contracts aside) I would take Bozak, his skillset is what we need. Just LHed.

That's why I bring up Stajan, but his contract is a killer for us, otherwise he would be perfect for this team IMO.

Canucks can't afford to overpay like the Kings could. Kings gave up Schenn (20 year old, 5th overall pick in 09) plus Simmonds (Hansen type value) and 2nd; and they gave of Johnson (3rd overall pick of his draft, top 4 defender who's 25 mins a game) plus a first.

You don't get it. Who would fill Hanzal for Phoenix? He's swapping 1st line and 2nd line minutes for them. They already traded away Turris. Booth, prospect, and a pick will not be want they want.

So I heard from team 1040 that Malhotra actually was coached by Kellen Lain's dad back in Mississauga, so Lain was actually looking forward to working with Manny and learning faceoffs. This works out, since Malhotra is currently in a coaching role with the Wolves. If Kellen can become anything like Manny, that being a shut down centre, we could have a real money baller on our hands.

Wow, some people are just retarded.

Nobody is touting this kid to save this franchise, for frack's sake. I have no idea why anyone would be upset over snagging a good prospect, FOR FREE. Why would you guys be upset at the potential of having a big, mean, decently mobile 3rd/4th line center who can hit and chuck 'em one day? Isn't this guy EXACTLY the type of player everyone's been screaming for?

Are you guys on drugs? Why all the negativity?

Archived