The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Kellan Lain

I concur.

But... Welcome to cdc?

Wow, some people are just retarded.

Nobody is touting this kid to save this franchise, for frack's sake. I have no idea why anyone would be upset over snagging a good prospect, FOR FREE. Why would you guys be upset at the potential of having a big, mean, decently mobile 3rd/4th line center who can hit and chuck 'em one day? Isn't this guy EXACTLY the type of player everyone's been screaming for?

Are you guys on drugs? Why all the negativity?

Cole is someone they were actively shopping, and he was struggling, as was Ryder if I am recollecting correctly.

Hanzal is a younger player who is playing a vital role for the Yotes and is one of the best shutdown centers in the league, unless we want to drastically overpay. They will hold onto him.

That's like us say giving up Hansen for anything less than a drastic overpayment.

Cause, CDC thinks anyone is available.

Phoenix is horrible... how can anyone be playing a 'vital' role... and if you are... you should be moved. If the Canucks don't get Centre help... we can just enjoy the wins here and there during the regular season because we won't be in the playoffs long... just like last year. Not sure why that is acceptable to anyone.

Not sure if you noticed, but Phoenix has been a playoff team for quite awhile. I wouldn't say they are terrible.

And unfortunately I am positive that the Yotes don't care enough about our cup chances and our well wishes to give away one of the most important components of there team for anything we would be willing to pay.

Not sure if you noticed, but Phoenix has been a playoff team for quite awhile. I wouldn't say they are terrible.

And unfortunately I am positive that the Yotes don't care enough about our cup chances and our well wishes to give away one of the most important components of there team for anything we would be willing to pay.

again...lowest attendance in the league... lowest revenue in the league...most boring team in the league... how does that not equal horrible. So what if they are 5 points better than the last place team. It's only because they play to 1-1 or 0-0 games... and hope they can win a shootout... in the easiest division.

Here is another good article on Lain, from Inside College Hockey.

KELLAN LAIN

Lake Superior State

Jr. | F | Oakville, Ont.

Key Statistics: Lain put together a solid sophomore season, notching a 9-6-15 line in 38 games. Though the goal total doesn’t jump out when compared to some gaudy offensive numbers around the country, Lain proved that he knew how to score when his team needed him most, finishing second on the squad in both power play (5) and game-winning goals (3).

What He Does: The junior boasts great size, standing at 6-foot-6, 221 pounds, but plays a solid all-around game. Lain has solid stick skills and is responsible defensively, making him a more well-rounded player than the purely physical role that many players his size take on – not that Lain shies away from physical play.

The Bigger Picture: With some key offensive pieces moving on from Sault Ste. Marie, the Lakers will be counting on Lain and probable linemate Domenic Monardo – Monardo was featured in last year’s INCH A-Z series – to help light the lamp and ring the victory bell at Taffy Abel Arena. In order to step into that role, Lain needs to focus on improving the accuracy of his shooting and converting chances when he has the.

Lake Superior Coach Jim Roque on Lain: “Last year he played very well on the power play, and I’d like to see some more improvement in the offensive part of his game. With Kyle Jean leaving for juniors, we’re going to be counting on (Lain) to really come into his own this year. He has a great skill set for his size, with good hands.”

I just found this article from 2009

Apr 15, 2009 - 12:00 AM

Blades’ Lain expected to make full recovery

b3b17e97487dbf7717bdde045961.jpeg

Blades’ Lain expected to make full recovery. Kellan Lain

It isn’t fun watching your teammates from the sidelines, but Kellan Lain realizes things could be much worse.

The 19-year-old Oakville Blades forward is expected to make a full recovery from the scary wrist injury he suffered three weeks ago, when the skate blade of Wellington Dukes netminder Steele Defazio sliced Lain’s ulnar artery and damaged three ligaments and a nerve.

“It will take lots of therapy. (Doctors) have projected five months for a full recovery, but they say everything’s going good,” Lain said after watching the Blades defeat the Kingston Voyageurs 5-2 Sunday at Joshua’s Creek Arenas to narrow Kingston’s Ontario Junior Hockey League championship series lead to 3-2. “I was only millimeters away from more arteries that could have been cut. I definitely think I’m lucky to even (have a chance to) play hockey again.”

Lain, whose left wrist will be in a soft cast for the next couple months, has a hockey scholarship lined up to Lake Superior State University for next season. School officials contacted Lain the day after his injury to offer encouragement on his road to recovery.

Meanwhile, Lain is relegated to watching his teammates struggle without him. Including the game he was injured, the Blades were 5-5 without their 6- foot-4 centreman entering last night’s (Tuesday’s) Game 6 in Kingston.

Lain had 10 goals in 18 playoff games, including four goals in his last three contests.

“It’s tough. Obviously I want to be out there helping them, but all I can do is keep the players positive and be a cheerleader,” Lain said. “We were on a roll for a little while, and it’s hard to see something like that happen, but there’s not much you can do about it.”

Archived