The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Kellan Lain

I think, what he meant was low risk, becuase he's a free agent signing. The high reward is we get a free 6'6 player if he does pan out. The most important thing is getting him for free. That's all. MIke Gillis can still pursue Martin Hanzel if he wanted too, as I'm sure he is still looking for a centerman. Lain is just a free prospect. MIke Gillis's plan is to sign college players every 2 years. So nothing to lose here.

really..before today... probably never heard of him... and now he is our future hope... sorry... I just don't think so. I know we are grasping at straws these days...waiting for MG to do something... this player is all to do with his size... 6'6" .. nothing more to see.

non-sense. future hope? i think you're over exaggerating there bud. you're hopeless. do you really want to find plugs around the league to fill up our bottom 6 when we can just have set guys like Malhotra would've been for the 3rd line spot if he wasn't injured? the kid is projected to be a bottom 6 center. with Gaunce in the system I don't mind if Lain will forever be a 4th line center. he is gonna be playing in the pro leagues so there's not much to complain about. he knows his limits and he'll play his role as a checking forward.

Why would anyone be upset at this? Its little to no risk, and its a decent way to refill our severely lacking prospect pool. I know the team needs to fill some holes at the NHL level, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't think about the future. I hope they can sign the other guys they're interested in too.

Lol every insider says lots of teams were interested. One being the redwings, who not one person would argue have the best scouting on the planet. Every insider also says its a good signing and we still get some people on here complaining about it.

Archived