The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Kellan Lain

I think that explains it better: interest. That's what people should be experiencing after hearing about a signing like this, rather than expecting to be impressed or excited. For the most part, that is what I think people are thinking, that they're interested in a basically free (apart from salary), low risk player who's good at faceoffs and 6'6".

If people don't want to get excited about it, that's fine, but you don't have to marvel/complain/whine about others that are - even overly so.

Lol every insider says lots of teams were interested. One being the redwings, who not one person would argue have the best scouting on the planet. Every insider also says its a good signing and we still get some people on here complaining about it.

Is there a limit as to how many signinfs we can do at this time? We signed the Swede, and then Lain... We only get 3? What happens if we get over the 50 pro contracts? Surely we can dump guys like Kellen Munchkin and Prab Rai?

We do...maximum NHL contracts allowed is 50, which we're at.

Those players under contract who are 18, 19 playing in junior does not count against the 50 contracts. So, Brendan Gaunce and Evan McEneny's contracts do not count towards the 50. Frank Corrado turns 20 on March 28, 2013, so he'll start to count as of his birthdate. Canucks have room to sign one more to stay at the 50 max, but I suppose they could buy out any of the contracts (Gordon? Anthony? Mullen? Joslin?) to create the space they need to sign more FAs.

Archived