The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chinese Signs Out Of Hand in Richmond Says Petition

DonLever

Wetcoaster, I tried to make the same point about the elderly seniors as being the instigators of the petiton and was raked over the coals for it. One of the elderly woman at Richmond City Hall spoke with a British accent. The gall of someone not born here complaining of new comers not adhering to local customs.

Here is a picture of her.

richmondn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

She is the grey hair lady in the middle.

Iranians are not a race. They are also a culture. It's not semantics. It's fact. Most Iranians are great people. Just like most Iraquis, most Canadians, most Jamaicans and most Mexicans.

None of these are races, dude. They are cultures and all of them have some horrible, disagreeable, short-sighted, violent people.

Poor choice of words. Perhaps I should have said given the context. Perhaps you missed the photo of the elderly white lady in the post he was responding to.

As for the Iranian comment, I said that as resonse of your narrow definition of what is deemed racist (and Iranian is a culture?). If Iranian is not a race then how can the comments the two old Brits made towards the Iranian kids in Wet's story be racist? It is obviously inferred. It was a thinly veiled story of two old white people from Britain picking on two young children with a different skin colour to support a generalization. Come on man, sounds kind of racist don't it?

Archived