The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kellan Lain Talk

Joel Heyman

I can see him on a line with richardson and higgins.

Sedins Kass

Booth Kesler Burrows

Jensen Schroeder Hansen

Higgi Lain Richardson

if no Jensen slot Sestito in on 4th LW and move higgi to 3rd line LW

Higgi Lain Richardson could be a very fun line to watch. Think they could be a 3b line in a way. Lot's of possession and solid in there own end.

I can see him on a line with richardson and higgins.

Sedins Kass

Booth Kesler Burrows

Jensen Schroeder Hansen

Higgi Lain Richardson

if no Jensen slot Sestito in on 4th LW and move higgi to 3rd line LW

Higgi Lain Richardson could be a very fun line to watch. Think they could be a 3b line in a way. Lot's of possession and solid in there own end.

Higgins is $2.5m now. He wont be on the 4th line lol.

Sedins-Jensen

Burrows-Kesler-Hansen

Higgins-Schroeder-Booth

Richardson-Lain-Kassian

Why do people still put Kassian on the fourth line?? If Lain makes the team this is the most likely line up:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Jensen

Booth - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lain - Richardson

That line up has everything. Size, speed, skill, and youth.

I would go for splitting the twins

Daniel Kesler Booth

Burrows Henrik Kassian

IMO these lines are the best recipe for success - this way each player's potential is maximized.

Daniel will set up kesler and booth

Burrows is a first liner and works well with henrik so the two of them are essentially the former first line with kassian added in.

each line has a shooter - kesler, burrows,

each line has a set up guy - daniel, henrik

each line has a guy that is big and drives to the net - booth, kassian

less wear and tear on the twins as there are big bodies on their lines to stand up for them and they are split up so each night one of them is facing the second pairing so teams cannot load up their d and forwards against them because the "second line" is just as good

Can't see Lain making the team as a winger. The whole reason he would be on the team is because of his faceoff abilities. Unless we do waht we did with Lappy and Malhotra on the fourth line.

As for having 6 rookies on the team next season, I just don't see it Plum. It's alot to expect from these guys. I think it will be Schroeder, a fourth line guy like Lain, Mallet, Archibald, or Gaunce, and of course Eriksson or Lack. And there's a possibility Jensen will make it, but we'll see.

Alright

Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen

Richardson-Lain-Weise

This video makes me think Lane should be on the Canucks.

After watching that video I kinda have to agree. He'll definetly get a solid look during the pre-season.

The guy stepped right into pro hockey, mid-season, and became one of the Wolves most relied upon defensive centers. Which is a team stacked with AHL veterans.

He will challenge for 4th line and PK duties and I think he'll make it

I've been saying that since he debuted for the Wolves. He has a real chance to make the team and was likely a key factor in the decision to let Lappy go.

Gaunce won't be on the 4th line. I thought that you would know that as you seem the more smarter part of CDC, I put Schroeder on wing because I don't believe he is big enough in this division to be a center but as for Lain, yeah he will battle for the 4th line center spot.

What I'm getting at is if Jensen makes the team, Lain won't.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.863m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Brendan Gaunce ($1.057m) / Jordan Schroeder ($0.600m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Kellan Lain ($0.600m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / Dale Weise ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Chris Tanev ($1.500m)

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)

Andrew Alberts ($0.600m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Joacim Eriksson ($0.925m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,097,778; BONUSES: $162,500

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $364,722

One of Richardson, Sestito, Weise would have to clear waivers to have a proper 23 man roster. Now if Jensen doesn't make the team, Lain can. That is all I'm saying.

Seeing Schroeder is dreaming.

I think Lain will battle it out with Richardson for the 4th line center role and because of his size and faceoff ability, he will make the team. I honestly think he'll beat out Santorelli and possibly even Weise.

I also think Jensen cracks the lineup out of camp but only due to Booth's injury and as soon as Booth is back, Jensen will be sent to Utica and see first line minutes in the AHL. As of opening night, this is how I see the lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Jensen

Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen

Richardson-Lain-Weise

Sestito/Santorelli

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Garrison-Corrado

Alberts/Weber

Luongo

Lack

To the guy who said the Canucks should split up the twins, I'm all for it if the team is struggling. I think it would give the Canucks one of the most well balanced forward groups in the league and I believe Torts will have no issue splitting them up if the team needs a small shake up.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Dale Weise can't be too thrilled about having Torts as his coach again. His interview before Torts was hired made that very clear and there was a reason he was put on waivers while with the Rangers. Because of this, I think it's possible we see Santorelli on the fourth line with Richardson and Lain making a very good defensive line that can win a ton of faceoffs.

I don't know if I'm that confident but he has a good shot. It does depend somewhat on what happens with the rest of the lineup, for instance if Jensen makes it on the wing or one of Gaunce, Schroeder or Horvat make it as center and push others down the lineup.

Him and Cassels play a similar game in a way. Cassels has more skill from what I have see in the prospects tourny, but both are aggressive in ever part of the ice. I like that tenacity, think he would have rocked some people in the prospects tourny if he played

Him and Cassels play a similar game in a way. Cassels has more skill from what I have see in the prospects tourny, but both are aggressive in ever part of the ice. I like that tenacity, think he would have rocked some people in the prospects tourny if he played

agreed. lain could have stood in with kanzig, who seemed to be the toughest guy for everyone in the tournament to deal with. kanzig was almost dominant physically, lain is the same size roughly, older, and has pro experience. could have used kellan to battle in front of the net during that calgary game.

Looks alot better than I expected him to look. Hopefully he gives a good showing during the preseason. Reminded me of a more physical MAlhotra (10-11)

Wow, doesn't look out of place at all. Also, damn is he strong on the walls. I think he could be a big bodied 4C that can take tough D-zone draws and play net front presence on the PP.

I'd like to see a 4th line of Richardson-Lain-Weise. Good skaters who can agitate and chip in some offense.

Wow, doesn't look out of place at all. Also, damn is he strong on the walls. I think he could be a big bodied 4C that can take tough D-zone draws and play net front presence on the PP.

I'd like to see a 4th line of Richardson-Lain-Weise. Good skaters who can agitate and chip in some offense.

I"ll take Sestito over Weise any day of the week.

Archived