The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kellan Lain Talk

Joel Heyman

he was effective on the power play in front of the net in college, so i'm lead to believe there is an understanding there. i think he needs to translate that into 5 on 5 play given the fact he wouldn't likely get much PP time with the canucks

Anything can happen, Sestito found success in Cbj's pp and scored 2 goals against us.

He seemed strong on the faceoffs last year with Chicago, so I'd love to see some proper stats. Unfortunately those aren't really compiled at the AHL levels so it means using the sight test instead. I knew from last year and preseason he wasn't likely to provide a lot of offence but he was going to be reliable defensively and able to take important faceoffs in key situations, so I'm curious how he's doing overall as well.

Living in the chicagoland area I got to see him a handful of games live when the Wolves were our AHL team. He didn't really impress me at all, didn't really skate with much energy and didn't really hit anyone. I don't think he'll really amount to much...unless of course he improved some since last season.

He's basically Sestito but good at face offs

i dunno about that. sestito was pretty successful in the AHL.

really need to have patience here, let him have his first pro season. what is encouraging is that he has been hitting, had some good scraps. i think i've mentioned this before but he needs to settle down when he's in the offensive zone. turns it over a lot and his linemates aren't getting to the corners in time on dump ins. this is based on listening to the games so take it for what its worth.

Lain has been a disappointment. There was talk of him grabbing the 4th line center spot before training camp. Expectation is that college free-agents are more finished products than players out of junior.

Would like to know if his defensive game is progressing, because he is not bringing any offense.

Lain has been a disappointment. There was talk of him grabbing the 4th line center spot before training camp. Expectation is that college free-agents are more finished products than players out of junior.

Would like to know if his defensive game is progressing, because he is not bringing any offense.

Way to early to get down on this kid. First season of AHL experience coming out of college. He has a lot to learn. More important he refines a d-game as that will be his ticket to the NHL.

Archived