The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks in on 3 more college UFAs

Lain isn’t the only college free agent the Canucks are chasing. They are in on Western Michigan defenceman Dan DeKeyser, who most think is going to either Tampa or Detroit.

They’re interested in Andrej Sustr, the Zdeno Chara-sized blueliner from Nebraska-Omaha.

And there’s Antoine Laganiere who goes to Yale. That school alone is enough right there to make the Canucks swoon. But at 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds, he already looks like a pro.

mobile defensemen name Kenny Morrison who I definitely would not mind watching if I were the Canucks. Plays on same team as DeKeyser 6'2 RIGHT shot just like Sustr but its tough, who wouldn't want a Chara sized player? Hope he realizes he'll get a chance eventually to play in the NHL if he signed with the Canucks

players usually sign with teams that are in need of a slot to be filled and perhaps that player can do

think of Lain, knows we seek bottom 6 centermens. perfect fit. "i'll get my chance" mentality and BOOM we sign him.

mobile defensemen name Kenny Morrison who I definitely would not mind watching if I were the Canucks. Plays on same team as DeKeyser 6'2 RIGHT shot just like Sustr but its tough, who wouldn't want a Chara sized player? Hope he realizes he'll get a chance eventually to play in the NHL if he signed with the Canucks

players usually sign with teams that are in need of a slot to be filled and perhaps that player can do

think of Lain, knows we seek bottom 6 centermens. perfect fit. "i'll get my chance" mentality and BOOM we sign him.

You’ll notice that while Sustr doesn’t put the puck in the net with much regularity, his assist total indicates a player with good vision and the ability to distribute the puck. Those who watched Sustr play for Nebraska-Omaha during the Ice Breaker tournament in Kansas City last weekend, surely noticed that the young man also makes an excellent first pass out of the zone, plays a calm and collected game under pressure, and skates surprisingly smoothly for a big man.

He’s also capable of absolutely wiring the puck when given space, as Notre Dame goaltender Steven Summerhays found out in the championship game of the Ice Breaker tournament.

Archived