The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks have asked about Gaborik

Tanev

unless the Rangers take Booth and Ballard, i dont see it happening... but I would love it if we land him.

His cap hit is big, but he only has a year left after this season. If things work out, we get a 40 goal scorer, if not, we can trade him on next years TD. Alot more teams will show intrests next year when he will be a UFA. Win/Win situation for us if we get him.

As opposed to sitting in the press-box, injury prone, one empty net goal..... For a grand total of 9million? Heck....Gaborik will also save us 1.5 mil for cap space..... How much does Boyle make? Room that big center with the new 6'6" drink of water we just picked up today.

Low and behold.... Glass Booth injured again... We are on the hook for this fragile player for 3 more years..... Great pro scouting in that on Gillis

For THAT particular player? In a heartbeat.... Worth every penny. This guy actually KNOWS how to score goals, and yes, he is worth 2current Booths. And the other 4.5 sitting in pressbox doing nothinnnnn. And for those payin attention, Gabby had been healthy the past few years.

17 points in 27 games and too small and soft to perform in the playoffs (35 points in 54 games) is worth $7.5 mil to you?

i'm the furthest thing from a david booth supporter but i'd certainly rather spend 4.2 on a guy who actually has a consistent effort level and can at least hit and forecheck when he isn't scoring.

I see your point and will raise you the fact that he isnt getting paid to hit/forecheck and all the defensive stats you figure he is supposed to do. He pops in 40+ along with 300 shots on net.... Tells me he jumps on loose pucks, back checks, and also goes into dirty areas..... Oh and he is usually an average +10 so he isnt sooooo much a liability.....u want him to fight n block shots too?

Ok, now you're trying to beat me with the stats book.... Richards has been supplanted to the 2nd line and has a whopping 13 points give or take 3..... Nash only has 20 something.... Anyone on this site would drool and pre-plan the parade route having a line of Nash, Richards and Gaborik.....with an allstar keeper in Lundquist. Ask yourself why hasnt this come to fruition yet? The while Rags team is measing the bed and The Fonz is getting tuned out game after game. The Rags as a whole need a new coach.... One who knows how to use the horses he has.

Back to the whole start of this thread..... I didnt see the HNIC segment so i cant quote them.... But the proposal is Ballad/Booth/1st for Gaborik..... I am seriously considering this. This team needs a spark or exciting player in the most desperate way. Gaborik clearly provides that

Archived