The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks have asked about Gaborik

Tanev

Rather have two 3 million dollar wingers that can pot 15-25 and have 2 sets of groins and two sets of acl's to rely on rather than stick all that money and caphit on a guy that is always out of the lineup, is over 30 and isn't scoring at a pace much different than guys like raymond who are younger and cheaper.. give me 2 raymonds and keep your gaborik please.

Rather have two 3 million dollar wingers that can pot 15-25 and have 2 sets of groins and two sets of acl's to rely on rather than stick all that money and caphit on a guy that is always out of the lineup, is over 30 and isn't scoring at a pace much different than guys like raymond who are younger and cheaper.. give me 2 raymonds and keep your gaborik please.

Realistically I doubt the Canucks have the right pieces to trade for him, but I have to disagree with most of the opposition in this thread.

The two major Canucks problems in the playoffs have been secondary scoring & toughness. And now the powerplay is completely unreliable.

Gaborik would be able to fix 2/3 of those problems as well as anybody in the league.

Sure, he has a high cap hit, but you have to take some risks. The Sedins probably have this year and then 1 or 2 more where they can be contenders as 1st liners. If NYR is willing to take on Ballard's cap hit - a player who isn't playing much of a role here anyway, then I think GMMG should consider it.. Adding Gaborik and a hopefully healthy Kesler for a playoff run would be great.

If the Canucks could somehow add a 3rd line center for a goalie (Ott? Goc? Matthias?? etc) and Gaborik this team could be pretty stacked in theory...

Schroeder + Ballard + a 1st in 2014 for Gaborik + a 4th?

Plus looking at the Rags, they probably could use Ballard & waive Hamrlik.. look at Hamrlik's ice time since going over:

1st game: 15 minutes

2nd game: 7 minutes

3rd game: 5 minutes

4th game: 11 minutes

0 points, -2...

Sighhhhh.... Gaborik and his half groin half acl still potted in 40+ goals along with +15 and 270+shots....tht stuff still comes natural to this guy and I bet ya if he did come to town, YOU and the rest of this board would be all over it.

Again, everyone on the Rangers is messing the bed, including Richards, Nash and Lundquist who are all quality, reliable players you wouldnt expect to be slacking this year.

Again.... The proposal to START this thread was Booth/Ballard and 1st. The sraft pick is where i draw the line... Maybe a 2nd and prospect. We have wasted 2nd's in dumber trades...... I have to say yes to this proposal

Gaborik with the twins, or with Kesler n Higgins or Raymond and u now have 2 good lines

I have a lot of respect for Gaborik but my answer would be no.

You can't guarantee a full lineup when the playoffs start. But if we have it, we are better off adding a playmaking centre, and Schneider can be fetched for a younger and healthier (though probably not as accomplished) sniper.

The Rangers have Carl Hagelin, Derek Stepan, and Ryan Mcdonagh all to resign as rfa's, not to mention they will need to find a defenseman this offseason as well. Meaning a player earning $ 7.5 million for one more season after this may severley interfere with those possible resignings.

There has been talk out of New York that the Rangers also are not very happy with Gaborik. Would a change to Vancouver playing with the Sedins be a good fit ? He is a game breaker, is an elite passer, playmaker, shooter. Have the Sedin's played with a player that good yet ? No.

His value is down right now, this is the best possible time to lure him away from New York. His asking price likely wouldn't get lower and the Rangers need another dman which Vancouver has too many of. A package not likely to hurt the Canucks roster could potentially be assembled to add Gaborik.

Sighhhhh.... Gaborik and his half groin half acl still potted in 40+ goals along with +15 and 270+shots....tht stuff still comes natural to this guy and I bet ya if he did come to town, YOU and the rest of this board would be all over it.

Again, everyone on the Rangers is messing the bed, including Richards, Nash and Lundquist who are all quality, reliable players you wouldnt expect to be slacking this year.

Again.... The proposal to START this thread was Booth/Ballard and 1st. The sraft pick is where i draw the line... Maybe a 2nd and prospect. We have wasted 2nd's in dumber trades...... I have to say yes to this proposal

Gaborik with the twins, or with Kesler n Higgins or Raymond and u now have 2 good lines

As opposed to sitting in the press-box, injury prone, one empty net goal..... For a grand total of 9million? Heck....Gaborik will also save us 1.5 mil for cap space..... How much does Boyle make? Room that big center with the new 6'6" drink of water we just picked up today.

Low and behold.... Glass Booth injured again... We are on the hook for this fragile player for 3 more years..... Great pro scouting in that on Gillis

Sigh.. and he doesn't do that every year because he's only played one full season in 12 FLIPPIN YEARS.. Hansen, Raymond and Higgins all have just about the same goal totals for a fraction of the cost and a lot more reliability both health wise and defensively. We already Have serious injury and reliability issues in our top 6 with kesler and booth. Gaborik may be a great player.. but if you can't depend on him to be there its a waste of 7 million dollars. The risk to reward is not tOhere when more reliable players are producing at the same pace. The teams money and cap is better spent elsewhere.

And why oh why would NY take injured booth at 4 mill long term and scratched ballard at 4 mill long term, neither of which have been producing when the only reason to get rid of gaborik is his lack of production, salary and health

Archived