The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks have asked about Gaborik

Tanev

Well with Booth done for the season, we have the cap space.

I've said this team is at least a Hossa type player away from being able to match the Blackhawks. Gaborik is the closest thing to Hossa available.

I say go for it. If he costs us a 1st round pick, so be it.

Im really surprised at all you knocking this. We have another chance to get a pure elite goal scorer and you say.."no heart" "one dementional" holy cow people...we have a team of diggers with "heart" and are going down the tube....since bure we've not had a pure goal scorer....I say go for it.

The bad thing about this one, is he has a 7.6 million dollar cap hit. As much as I want a deadly sniper like him, I think it will be too much on the team, especially with the cap going down. He is a proven all star player, and will help this team. Injury prone though... but we can't really predict stuff like that, as it comes and goes, this season, it came too often.

I think they have more than just kicked the tires on this one in the war room. He'd look nice on this team I gotta say. However salary is a clear issue and longevity as well. I'm curious as to what it would take to make this deal. I'd assume a package of 1st + prospect + roster player

Yes thats true, but he's not going to be asked upon to score every game on this team, a secondary role will benefit him imo.

Sedins/Kesler and Burrows are still our primary source for offence, but he could give us that game breaking goal when we need it.

I'd rather have Gaborik than Booth if our top line struggles to produce offence.

paying $7.5 mil for a secondary scorer when your team is already at the cap, the cap is going down next year, and you're shackled with a bunch of large, virtually unmovable contracts already hardly seems like a sound strategy for building a winner.

Whatever about the merits of Gaborik, it is really good news that MG isn't just sitting there playing with his thumbs. I am now quite hopeful that a major deal might get done this year.

Problem with Gaborik is the Rangers have Lundqvist, and so have no interest in either of our "trump cards".

Well with Booth done for the season, we have the cap space.

I've said this team is at least a Hossa type player away from being able to match the Blackhawks. Gaborik is the closest thing to Hossa available.

I say go for it. If he costs us a 1st round pick, so be it.

Archived