The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBC is awful!

kamaole

I didn't mind the announcing. Rick Ball keeps up with the game nicely and knows all the player names. It's not like we're getting the senile Bob Cole announcing our games. And sure Hrudy isn't the most eloquent colour guy but I don't hate him as much as everyone else here it seems.

Also, I'm sure there's a legal or technical reason they don't just flip a switch for BC viewers to go to the Canucks game before OT is over. And who cares, that Toronto / Winnipeg game was far more exciting than the Canucks game tonight. Can't believe people are whining about seeing a 9 round shootout over some ceremony about a team 100 years ago. But I guess some people just dislike watching any hockey besides the Canucks.

Its cause the leafs spent 20 minutes before the game having tiger williams show up in some army jeep and tell an airforce pilot standing between 4 army repeler females that "this is a beautiful puck here buddy. make sure the leafs get a win with this puck buddy" and the armed services guy told him "will do, will do"

He also asked all of the women as well as dion phaneuf if they were "feeling good". When dion asked the question back, he replied that he was indeed "feeling good".

That was more important, obviously.

I didn't mind the announcing. Rick Ball keeps up with the game nicely and knows all the player names. It's not like we're getting the senile Bob Cole announcing our games. And sure Hrudy isn't the most eloquent colour guy but I don't hate him as much as everyone else here it seems.

Also, I'm sure there's a legal or technical reason they don't just flip a switch for BC viewers to go to the Canucks game before OT is over. And who cares, that Toronto / Winnipeg game was far more exciting than the Canucks game tonight. Can't believe people are whining about seeing a 9 round shootout over some ceremony about a team 100 years ago. But I guess some people just dislike watching any hockey besides the Canucks.

I like Rick Ball. But maybe I'm biased because I was a regular caller to his now defunct show on the TEAM 1040. I disagree with who ever said Mark Lee was good, cant stand the guy.

And Kelly Hrudy is terrible. Having knowledge of hockey in itself does not mean it makes some one a good hockey commentator. CBC has show that time and time again. How about Garry Galley? Absolutely horrible. The CBC hockey panel?...horrible.

I wish TSN would win the playoffs rights from CBC. PJ Stock outright hates the Canucks. He was seriously having a hard on live on TV after the Bruins beat us. Even Wendy Mesley was smiling from ear to ear after we lost to the Kings last year.

Guys like Dreger and Mackenzie would never show this level of bias. I don't mind fat out of shape idiots being on TV, but I can't stand cheerleaders or haters. This is a Canadian public national broadcaster, at least be neutral.

EDIT: I'm not calling Dreger nor Mackenzie fat out of shape idiots, not at all. I was just saying...

People should remember the Dave Hodge pencil flipping incident if you want to discuss HNIC 'mickey mouseness'.

I watch CBC hockey thru necessity only. It is a far cry away from Dick Irvin and Danny Gallavin. Even Foster in his prime. They truly lost me with the the Maclean smear on Burrows. Enough said.

Wow. We missed any intro re: historic jerseys so we could watch TO s/o. Then, we get the exciting team of Hrudey & co. They sound perfectly archaic. My tax dollars hard @ work. Can't wait for NHL contract to go to someone other than CBC. Time to go....

Archived