Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kamaole

How's Edlers's back?

23 posts in this topic

Edlers's seems beyond slow.....REALLY slow. Slow skating, slow shooting, slow reacting, and NEVER hits/checks but tries to use his stick to get at the puck. I wonder if his back is worse than we know?? There has to be SOME reason for all of the above !!??

Edlers's seems beyond slow.....REALLY slow. Slow skating, slow shooting, slow reacting, and NEVER hits/checks but tries to use his stick to get at the puck. I wonder if his back is worse than we know?? There has to be SOME reason for all of the above !!??

It's so bad we have to start calling him Elder now :P

I would agree. Game before this was the first time I've seen him shy from a collision. He's looked slow skating, particularly his turns. He looks like someone with a lower back injury

Man he definitally is hurting...just not the same player...I don't trust our doctors...last year they let Raymond and Malholtra play when they should have been recovering.

Out all the time ive watched Hockey, and just off the top of my head, i can think of 2 players that played decently after back operations. Danny Sedin and Mario.

Mario was a freak so it did not take long for him to shape into form. Danny was smart and got procedures immediately after seasons end, so he had long to recover and train lightly. He was still good.

Other than that, everyone else takes a long while to recover from back surgery. (think about Bertuzzi, it took him years to get back his game after surgery).

Im of the solid opinion that Edler is indeed playing thru pain. He must be smart and play within his means and not do too much until he feels better. Perhaps his confidence has been shaken because of it.

Out all the time ive watched Hockey, and just off the top of my head, i can think of 2 players that played decently after back operations. Danny Sedin and Mario.

Mario was a freak so it did not take long for him to shape into form. Danny was smart and got procedures immediately after seasons end, so he had long to recover and train lightly. He was still good.

Other than that, everyone else takes a long while to recover from back surgery. (think about Bertuzzi, it took him years to get back his game after surgery).

Im of the solid opinion that Edler is indeed playing thru pain. He must be smart and play within his means and not do too much until he feels better. Perhaps his confidence has been shaken because of it.

We'll never know until the season is over and they finally reveal the problem only for him to have yet another surgery.

Maybe just sit out because we have a healthy Ballard waiting...

We'll never know until the season is over and they finally reveal the problem only for him to have yet another surgery.

What the hell are you talking about. Edler said it very openly BEFORE the season, he has a bad back and it is chronic and it will likely be something that will stay with him for the rest of his career. It is not secret at all.

haha classic. When in doubt, find excuses for why the team is sucking this year.

What the hell are you talking about. Edler said it very openly BEFORE the season, he has a bad back and it is chronic and it will likely be something that will stay with him for the rest of his career. It is not secret at all.