The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Looks like Nicklaus Jensen is imminent for debut

The Dark Knight

I just don't understand why Gillis hasn't tried anything? Perhaps he has and we just don't realize it and nothing is able to get done trade wise.

AV has lots of things he can do but refuses to, so i say lets just lick our wounds, limp into the playoffs and after we our ousted...immediately fire AV!!!!!

If the Canucks are unable to unload a goalie, and are ousted in the 1st round, i think there'll need to be some major house cleaning.

Gillis and AV gone... lui for nothing but spects and picks... roster re-tool... youth movement.... Ill be ready for some change, and with that lowered expectations, but at least itll be nice to feel excited about this team again.

imo, we've reached the summit already with this group, they can still be very good, and might just have a shot at winning still, but we're definatley on the downslope of the mountain. By the time our young players are good enough to take over, the veteran players will no longer be good enough to make a difference, and we'll be stuck half way up the mountain.

We should either go for it now, or make some changes to the core. The twins will be here for at least 1 more year, and I think they can be effective enough players and leaders to the developing young crop to be extended for another couple seasons. Schnieder, and our trio of Ds in Hammer, juice, Garrison, and Tanev are a solid back end core.... Move Lui for the highest rated prospect center or d-man or draft pick you can get a hold of. Move Kesler and Edler while they still have some solid trade value, and add to the new core of youngsters. We could still hang onto middle roster players like Burrows, Higgins, Hansen, while sprinkling in the future of this team... Basically what theyre doing now, except with a few more talented young pieces, and an obvious path to what the future will look like... Thats what I want to see.

Right now it just feels like this team is desperatley trying to hold on to the thought that they are an elite group, and still have that "something special".... but from what ive witnessed, they are an average - just above average team in the middle of the pack.... thats when its time to move some assets whove stopped theyre development progression (Kesler, Edler, Luongo) while they still have value (like we did with Linden and Bertuzzi) and set this team up for the next decade.

There really is no one else in the organization right? Depending on how long Kassian is out for too I guess.

Not sure why our American players are so injury prone. Kessler, Higgins and booth are always constantly on IR.

Anyways can we expect to see Jensen up for next game? Who else on the farm can take his place? Glad we aren't missing a whole lot of offense though with booth injury.

Depending on how long Kassian and Booth are out now, they might just have to call up Jensen. Might as well call up Schroeder too.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Jensen

Sestito - Ebbet - Weise

There's at least some size, grit and speed on each line. Jensen might be able to add something different to the powerplay.

EDIT: Forgot about Pinizotto. Would rather play him than Sestito. Big Tom doesn't add anything. He's a plug.

If the Canucks are unable to unload a goalie, and are ousted in the 1st round, i think there'll need to be some major house cleaning.

Gillis and AV gone... lui for nothing but spects and picks... roster re-tool... youth movement.... Ill be ready for some change, and with that lowered expectations, but at least itll be nice to feel excited about this team again.

imo, we've reached the summit already with this group, they can still be very good, and might just have a shot at winning still, but we're definatley on the downslope of the mountain. By the time our young players are good enough to take over, the veteran players will no longer be good enough to make a difference, and we'll be stuck half way up the mountain.

We should either go for it now, or make some changes to the core. The twins will be here for at least 1 more year, and I think they can be effective enough players and leaders to the developing young crop to be extended for another couple seasons. Schnieder, and our trio of Ds in Hammer, juice, Garrison, and Tanev are a solid back end core.... Move Lui for the highest rated prospect center or d-man or draft pick you can get a hold of. Move Kesler and Edler while they still have some solid trade value, and add to the new core of youngsters. We could still hang onto middle roster players like Burrows, Higgins, Hansen, while sprinkling in the future of this team... Basically what theyre doing now, except with a few more talented young pieces, and an obvious path to what the future will look like... Thats what I want to see.

Right now it just feels like this team is desperatley trying to hold on to the thought that they are an elite group, and still have that "something special".... but from what ive witnessed, they are an average - just above average team in the middle of the pack.... thats when its time to move some assets whove stopped theyre development progression (Kesler, Edler, Luongo) while they still have value (like we did with Linden and Bertuzzi) and set this team up for the next decade.

Archived