Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Looks like Nicklaus Jensen is imminent for debut

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#31 bohonos76

bohonos76

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

booth sucks!!! bring in jensen !!!!!!

#32 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

I am sure Gillis can find a talentless plug to fill the hole that AV will then probably put on the PP and into the top 6......

Wiese to the top line with the Sedins is the next AV move I bet.

#33 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

Call up up both. Maybe Jensen and re-invigorated Schroeder can give this team a spark. Send Ebbet back down and rest Kassian.

Booth is out long term.

Looking forward to the draft and off-season moves. This team needs major changes.

Needs to get more skilled,physical, faster, younger.

#34 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

I am sure Gillis can find a talentless plug to fill the hole that AV will then probably put on the PP and into the top 6......

Wiese to the top line with the Sedins is the next AV move I bet.

Wait you mean Pinizzoto is not the savior? Don't know what the Canucks see in Weise they aprarently covet players like him for the 4th line.

Sestito can't even play a regular shift because he can't pk and is a liability defensively.

How about parking Sestito the biggest guy on the team in front of the net on the power play with the Sedins and moving Garrison back to the #1 power play.

At this point it's worth a shot to see if does anything.

Looking forward to the draft and off-season moves. This team needs major changes.

Needs to get more skilled,physical, faster, younger.

#35 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

It seems really risky, but who else can they call up? Sweatt? He has 12 goals in 50 games, not exactly the answer.

To those who watch the Wolves games, how's his defense? I see he's a -3 in 4 games (2 goals on PP).

#36 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Why not both and scratch Sestito?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Ebbett - Hansen
Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian
Higgins - Lapierre - Weise

ROFL that 3rd line is ridiculous. That line will get screwed defensively. Why you would have Higgins on the 4th is beyond me.

sig.jpg

#37 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,463 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

Anything is better than David Booth right now. He's. Making Sami Salo look like an iron man
Posted Image

#38 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,764 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Wait you mean Pinizzoto is not the savior? Don't know what the Canucks see in Weise they aprarently covet players like him for the 4th line.

Sestito can't even play a regular shift because he can't pk and is a liability defensively.

How about parking Sestito the biggest guy on the team in front of the net on the power play with the Sedins and moving Garrison back to the #1 power play.

At this point it's worth a shot to see if does anything.

Oh crap, I forgot about Jesus.......oops I mean Pinizotto. He will see PP time soon....bank on it.

#39 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

When everyone is expecting a Jensen callup, watch us call up Stefan Schneider... lol

#40 Soren5556

Soren5556

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Well considering we're going to be desperate for secondary scoring right now I say call him up.

#41 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

lol at you guys throwing all your hope into a roookie to save this team

:bigblush:

Not saying it will happen, but....

The Habs turned to a rookie goalie to help them win in 1986.

Thus began the legend of Patrick Roy.

bobssig.jpg

this is why i shaked my head at those Canuck fans that cheered on the fLames to make the playoffs... that fan base is stupid as f thats the fan base that still to this day are convinced Alberts faked going down for a call on hit on that McGrattan hit that sent him to retirement. 

I hated that fan base since 04 and will forever hate them. they have such a huge inferiority complex about our team and the city/province. I hope we dispose of these losers quickly. 

#42 nucks_rule1

nucks_rule1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

I hope he gets the call, love this kids vision and goal scoring ability. He played with men in sweden and kept up.
Posted Image
my thread!

100th post on September 9th 2008
1000th post on june 24th 2010

THANK YOU MIKE GILLIS FOR GREATEST OFF SEASON EVER!

HANK= H(ART ROSS)

#43 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,106 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

Jensen's probably an upgrade over Booth so we'd be that much better!

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#44 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Don't be too surprised if the Canucks are out in the first round or don't make the playoffs at all? There's a lot of teams in the west that are playing at about the same level, and the standings show how close it is. There will probably be about 2 good teams that miss the playoffs in the west.
The only reason i say this is because it was 12 years between the first cup runs and then another 17 years till the last one. So don't hold your breath, i could realistically be another 10 years plus before they assemble another team with the right qualities to go all the way.

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#45 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,106 posts

It seems really risky, but who else can they call up? Sweatt? He has 12 goals in 50 games, not exactly the answer.

To those who watch the Wolves games, how's his defense? I see he's a -3 in 4 games (2 goals on PP).

who cares about his defense? He's a goal scorer! Do you think every team in the league has 12 two way forwards? Answer's NO! Burrows, Hansen, Raymond, Higgins, the sedins and everyone else for that matter can play solid defensively. Can we just have one pure friggen goal scorer!?

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#46 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Healthy team

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler
Booth - Schroeder - Burrows
Jensen - Raymond - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian

Idk, if burrows isn't playing with the sedins i'd rather he be playing with kesler. besides..ray-schroeder-hansen isn't that bad even tho its not top 6 minutes for him

#47 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

A team that is relying on a rookie with zero NHL games played to save their season isn't likely to get far into the playoffs..

who's talking about putting the weight of the world on him? (except you)

we need a MAJOR kick in the ass right now. give the kid a chance. he looked like he had all world sniping skills in the pre-season last year, and we have exactly ZERO snipers on this team.

what about Kellan Lain? 6'6" 220 lb 23 year old center. Give him a shot too while you're at it.

this team is in danger of missing the post season.

Kesler, although putting up points when he was back for a few games, actually hurt our team game because he's such a goddamn puck hog, Booth is useless and I've been cursing his arrival since I heard he was coming, and our supposedly ELITE GOALTENDING TANDEM has also circled the drain because now you have two guys who each need big minutes in order to be successful - which neither are getting so both are SUCKING.

If ever there was a time to get some fresh blood into the lineup and have a gander it's now... no one else is getting it done.

Edited by darkpoet, 17 March 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#48 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Call up Jensen, Schroeder, Connauton... etc...we need a ,kick in the butt. We aren't playing to our potential. What better way to instill rivalry than input competition? AV obviously can't do it... let the roster spots play that role.

Edited by Hyzer, 17 March 2013 - 01:02 AM.

#49 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,345 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

Kassian's injury doesn't seem too serious, but Booth's does. We'll probably be without him for a month or two. Kassian, Kesler and Booth all out - there goes all our powerforwards. We HAVE to call up Jensen now:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Ebbett - Higgins
Hansen - Lapierre - Jensen
Weise - Pinizotto - Sestito

Actually not a bad lineup. Then when everyone's healthy, hopefully Jensen can stick:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Higgins
Kassian - Lapierre - Booth
Hansen - Pinizotto - Jensen

That's scary depth considering every line has a 20-goal scorer.
Posted Image

#50 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,143 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

I mean really, here's another one. "Kessler."

Is this deliberate? Like Cherry saying Lulongo and Bieska? Or what?

9jRgxTJ.gif

#51 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Jensen - Higgins - Hansen
Burrows - Lappy - Raymond
Sestito - Pinni - Weise

#52 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

A team that is relying on a rookie with zero NHL games played to save their season isn't likely to get far into the playoffs..

A management team that discounts a player simply because he's a rookie as a replacement for 3 top 9 players isn't likely to be doing their job correctly.

Chopper-for-life-7-600x200.png

If we don't even dump one veteran, I'll stop posting on CDC until October 7th. It's that disappointing. - Tom Sestito, June 27th.

#53 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

I don't think we're relying on him to carry the team on his back and put us in the playoffs so much as we're hoping he could help this team score more goals. I'm not really wanting to burn a year off his contract by using him in a shortened season, but that's not my call to make.

Don't be too surprised if the Canucks are out in the first round or don't make the playoffs at all? There's a lot of teams in the west that are playing at about the same level, and the standings show how close it is. There will probably be about 2 good teams that miss the playoffs in the west.
The only reason i say this is because it was 12 years between the first cup runs and then another 17 years till the last one. So don't hold your breath, i could realistically be another 10 years plus before they assemble another team with the right qualities to go all the way.

At this point missing the playoffs might not actually be a bad thing. I know that sounds bad, and I'd like the guys to do some damage in the playoffs as much as anyone, but if it sets the wheel in motion and brings us some change while putting some fire in the bellies of our players it could be a positive thing. We haven't played well for most of this shortened season, the coaching has been questionable, and our special teams haven't been very good.

I know that come playoff time you get a clean slate, but given the way the team has played so far this year I'm not all that sure we'd do anything with that clean slate anyway.

Edited by Azial, 17 March 2013 - 03:52 AM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 rambo1515

rambo1515

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

I may be wrong but I think they already have with him playing in the AHL

I'm going to go ahead and say you're probably wrong. How would he burn a year of his entry level NHL contract by playing in a league meant to get players ready for the NHL...? I'm sure Jensen will be a great player, but you have to remember rookies have to earn their stripes in every league they play in. I'm thinking he will get his 5 games in, and then take on a Hodgson/ Kassian role in the playoffs similar to when they were rookies.

#55 rambo1515

rambo1515

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Healthy team

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler
Booth - Schroeder - Burrows
Jensen - Raymond - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian

I'll be diggin' that third line... in 5 years maybe. As it stands now, you have a player that has never played in the NHL, a small center without confidence at the NHL level and big winger that hasent scored in 18+ games without defensive awareness. One day this line will be good, but they have much to learn before then...

#56 TheNorwegianCanuck

TheNorwegianCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

His name is Nicklas Jensen, not Nicklaus.

Anyway, he has a good shot. Give him the call.

Edited by TheNorwegianCanuck, 17 March 2013 - 04:57 AM.

muv6ab.jpg                                                     

Thanks to - Vintage Canuck - for the nice sig!

In Desjardins we trust

#57 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

They might want to test him out in the minors for a while and bring him up for game 44.

Doesn't a year of his entry level deal disappear if he plays 6 games in the regular season?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#58 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

After I turned off the laptop this morning (Scotland) and was drifting off to sleep I thought "Maybe we need to spread our riches a bit more"
Is it time to put Sedin quality on BOTH lines?

It's not something I have favoured up to now but maybe if we do bring Jensen up we could help him by playing him with a Sedin.

Sedin - Burrows - Jensen
Raymond - Sedin - Hansen
Higgins - Ebbett - Weise
Sestito - Lapierre - Pinizzotto

Edited by Bodee, 17 March 2013 - 05:19 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#59 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

I have an idea... how about Gillis makes some trades before the deadline comes and goes?

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#60 Just Jimmy

Just Jimmy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

I have an idea... how about Gillis makes some trades before the deadline comes and goes?

now someone finally said something sensible.

Sure though let's call up Jensen and have him go a week without scoring then everyone can $hit on him and then we can start a thread about possible trades for him and Luongo....oh wait, it's Schnieder that everyone wants to trade now right? Lu is god again this month... :picard:

does anyone even watch the Wolves games? Trust me the kid needs some time with the AHL.

Also if it's a centre we need why not bring up Stefan Schneider for a cup of coffee and play him on the 4th line maybe jostle him and Pinn at 4th centre at least until Kesler gets back or we can make a trade for a veteran centre.?
But if it's a winger you all say we need, then might i suggest Billy Sweatt? that kid plays with the grit a lot of you are calling for and he's a scoring threat...two way player too.

I just don't understand why Gillis hasn't tried anything? Perhaps he has and we just don't realize it and nothing is able to get done trade wise.

AV has lots of things he can do but refuses to, so i say lets just lick our wounds, limp into the playoffs and after we our ousted...immediately fire AV!!!!!

Edited by Just Jimmy, 17 March 2013 - 07:17 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.